01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

12V power supply for Hikvision indoor intercom screen

macman

Gives a lot of help
Trusted Member
As y'all know, the Hikvision video intercom (2nd generation) allows multiple indoor screens to be connected either by POE or by wi-fi to the master screen. Trouble is the instructions contain zero useful information about the power supply required for an indoor wi-fi screen - and of course no power supply comes in the box. They do recommend a couple of Chinese 12V/2A power supplies but they aren't available for the UK market. Confusingly, the DS-KH8350-WTE1 manual states that it requires a "12 VDC/1A" power supply.

Can anyone please tell me what I need to get? And also how to connect it to the monitor as most of these power supplies come with a jack connector and there is no jack aperture on the monitor. TIA. HNY.

Hi @macman

Happy New Year

We hadn't noticed the 12V/2A in the user manual so thank you for alerting us to that, but looking at the datasheets for all 3 they all say 12V/1A so I think that is probably correct and the user manual may just be a typo. We do sell a 12V/1A power supply for Hikvision cameras which should work fine, it does have a jack but factory-made power supplies with bare wires are really rare so we would just recommend that you cut the jack off, strip the plastic back and expose the 2-wires to connect it to the indoor station. (we have done this with the Hikvision WiFi doorbell and it does work)

Thanks Dan and HNY to you. I have finally been able to contact someone at Hikvision and can confirm that you are correct in surmising that the 1A variant is correct - and also that the wires need to be stripped to make the connection (even though Hikvision tech support assured me there was a jack connector on the rear panel!). However, I was planning to pick up a couple of these for a fiver each on Amazon - albeit without the provenance of your fine merchandise!

Back