01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

2.8mm or 4mm Hikvision Cameras for Home

richardjgreen

Hi, all.

Looking to get cameras purchased for home and I'm struggling with model numbers and which to pick.

I know that I want to go Hikvision and I'm already set on a DS-77 I-series NVR: I have Cisco PoE switches throughout the house so I plan to use the Dual LAN model (no PoE) as I will connect the cameras to the existing switches in a CCTV VLAN so the NVR isn't really a problem at the moment.

I know that I want to use black turrets but where I'm struggling is lenses and megapixels. Ideally, I think I'd prefer to have AccuSense over ColorVu but I could be swayed either way there. Ideally, I'd prefer to have 8MP turrets 4mm seems more useful as I don't need the ultra-wide 2.8mm FOV given the number of cameras I plan to install. I also want to ideally buy G2 over G1 given they are later released but again, could be swayed either way.

On the Hikvision website, I see the DS-2CD2386G2-I seems to be perfect: 8MP 4mm AccuSense turret available in black but I don't see it on the Use IP Shop. On the shop, I can see the DS-2CD2386G2 in white at 4mm or I can see it in black at 2.8mm but not with both.

Please, shoot me down and tell me what I'm looking at is dumb, impractical, or just plain wrong or if anyone can recommend I think of something different? If what I'm looking for is valid, and said camera does exist and I'm just not finding it, a link would be magical.

Hi @richardjgreen

The model you have requested does exist but unfortunately, it comes down to stock availability and the Hikvision UK warehouse does not bring in many black/grey models in 4mm or 6mm.

The only Black/Grey models currently available in 4mm or 6mm are:

Hikvision DS-2CD2385G1-I/B 8MP IR Fixed Turret Network Camera (Black)
Hikvision DS-2CD2346G2-IU/G 4MP AcuSense Fixed IR Turret Network Camera With Built-In Microphone (Grey)

If you wanted specifically the 2386G2 (4mm) in Black then we may be able to special order these from the manufacturer, but there will be 10-12 week lead time. (maybe longer at the moment as there are chip/component shortages delaying production)

If you would like to go this route you would need to email use-IP directly.

Hi @richardjgreen

The model you have requested does exist but unfortunately, it comes down to stock availability and the Hikvision UK warehouse does not bring in many black/grey models in 4mm or 6mm.

The only Black/Grey models currently available in 4mm or 6mm are:

Hikvision DS-2CD2385G1-I/B 8MP IR Fixed Turret Network Camera (Black)
Hikvision DS-2CD2346G2-IU/G 4MP AcuSense Fixed IR Turret Network Camera With Built-In Microphone (Grey)

If you wanted specifically the 2386G2 (4mm) in Black then we may be able to special order these from the manufacturer, but there will be 10-12 week lead time. (maybe longer at the moment as there are chip/component shortages delaying production)

If you would like to go this route you would need to email use-IP directly.
Many thanks for the reply!

Where does the 2385G1 fit in terms of AccuSense and ColorVu? Neither the Use IP listing nor the Hikvision website state this and I see from the product image that it has a large single lens window whereas the 2386G2 has a smaller lens window and separate IR windows.

The other question would be, what difference would I see between the 2385G1 and the 2386G2? Are there any specific or new features that aren't available on the G1 vs. G2 or would the G1 be likely to stop receiving firmware updates sooner than the G2 would?

If I wanted to look at a specific order on a long lead-time, is there a minimum order quantity for this?

The AcuSense & ColorVu cameras are part of a range called EasyIP 4.0 and the 2385G1 is from the earlier (slightly older) EasyIP 3.0 range, it has different hardware/software to the newer 4.0 cameras and it does not support the advanced AcuSense features.

I only suggested this model as it is 8MP and one of the few models we do have in 4mm.

It should be possible to order any quantity on a long lead time, but you would need to email us the exact details of the order so we can check it with the Hikvision UK warehouse.

Back