01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

2 HikVision NVR on same internet connection. One keeps going offline.

Harv

Hi,

A little background - we set up a 16 camera DS-7616NI-I2 a little while ago (from Use-ip).

After some issues with i-catcher and a seeming lack of development, a snap decision was made to replace this application with an NVR and a DS7604NI-E1 was available (from my home until a replacement arrives from Use-IP) to add to a different business, sharing the same web connection.

The 7604 has been working perfectly on hik-connect for over a year, so I can't see that being an issue, the system is known good.

However, once we have added it to this new network, it only stays up or broadcasts video to the mobile phone application for a few seconds before showing as offline on https://www.hik-connect.com/devices/page

I've changed the ports on the device to try and avoid conflict (HTTP, Server Port and RSTP port), and these settings are reflected on hik-connect.

The existing NVR (7616) has remained solid throughout.

Is there anything else which can be recommended to get 2 NVRs to play nicely on the same internet connection, or should they just work?

Thanks,

Harv

As an update, I've now disabled platform access on the original NVR and enabled it on the new one, and so far the new one seems to work fine, so it's looking more like one public IP address can only be used for one NVR.

Has anyone else tried this?

It should just work.
Lots of NVRs at our office.
Multiple users, with various phones (IOS & Android), accessing various NVRs.
Our ISP is standard PlusNet.

@Dan Do you have multiple of our demo NVRs in your App at one time?
I tend to have only one at any time.

We may all be accessing different NVRs?
All are on the same LAN.
All are accessed via one internet connection.
Possibly, each of our team has created a user account.
An NVR can only be added to one account.
It can then be 'shared' with another user.

Back