01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

iVMS-4200 2 issues when downloading videos on iVMS-4200?

Broomgrove

Hi everyone,
I have 2 issues with iVMS-4200. The first is that when I download a selected time and date, the resulting download does not correspond to the same time and date. The filename it is given is correct however the video is not - it ranges from a few minutes to a few seconds shorter or longer. The NVR time is correct and is set to the correct time pool and is also set to sync with DST. The second issue, and has only recently started, is that any video I download is split into 2 or more smaller files. I checked the merge downloads option but that has not made any difference.

My NVR is a Hikvision DS-7604NI-K1-4P with a POE dome camera. I am using iVMS-4200 3.7.0.5 client.

Any suggestions and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Neil.

Hi @Broomgrove

In regards to the first issue, we had a customer reporting a similar issue with downloading/clipping footage from the Hik-Connect app, Hikvision were not aware of the issue and are looking into it.

Can you please confirm the camera model and firmware version of both the camera and NVR?

In regards to the 2nd issue, this is likely to do with the packet size. The NVR breaks up the continuous footage it records into packets of recordings that are a set length, this speeds up downloading footage and accessing it in playback. To change the packet size you need to go to Configuration > Storage > Advanced Settings > Other where you will find a box labelled packet time, by default this will likely be set to 10 minutes so if you expand it to 30-40 minutes you will be less likely to download footage split into multiple clips.

Back