01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware 2CD2366G2-IU (C) possible issues after upgrading firmware

Ianc

Centurion!
Trusted Member
Yesterday I installed a recently purchased 2CD2366G2 AcuSense camera. It’s the third camera that I have replaced along with the NVR (7608NI-M2-8P)
The other cameras have installed and worked flawlessly.

The new camera was instantly recognised via Plug n Play and was online both in the browser and Hik-Connect.

I noted that the pre-installed firmware was about eighteen months old, v5.5.801_210727 so the first thing I did after getting it online was update it to the latest v5.7.13_230504 downloaded from the product page

When it rebooted, the camera stayed offline in Hik-Connect although in the browser all seemed fine. I left it for several minutes and it finally came back online in the app.

I then tried to set up the event detection parameters by navigating the browser to Configuration > Event > Smart Event > Intrusion Detection.
The camera image is just a grey box with no image displayed (although the other three cameras display correctly):

browser2.jpg

So I tried logging directly into the camera and the image was displayed as expected so I set up the parameters, max, min and detection areas there and saved them.
After going back to the browser the min, max and area settings had been saved and the image was now visible on the configuration page however the image was pixelating.

Browser1.jpg

I decided to leave it for a day or so to see if it settled down but Intrusion Detection appears not to be working despite setting min, max and area. Some detections started coming through in Hik-Connect but they are hit and miss. The notification videos are partial green for first several minutes and playback stutters and jumps erratically.

app1.jpg

All the other cameras are behaving and displaying exactly as they should leading me to believe there is either an issue with the firmware or the camera itself, so before I attempt to roll back the firmware or reset the camera I am wondering if there is something glaringly obvious that i may have overlooked in setting the camera up?

Hi @Ianc - is this the only camera connected via Plug & Play?
What models are your other cameras, and which firmware are they using, please?

Your setup looks good, but you shouldn't need to use Internet Explorer mode when accessing your NVR as it's an M-Series model which works well in modern browsers.

There was a similar green screen issue (like in your Hik-Connect screenshot) on some earlier I-Series firmware, so I would first check that your NVR is running firmware V4.63.005_230512, after that, wipe and reconfigure the intrusion detection settings in Edge (not in IE mode), and see if that helps things.

If not, you may need to roll back the camera firmware and upgrade in stages through the 5.7.x versions from the Hikvision UK Portal, as big jumps can sometimes cause problems like this.

Hi Kyle, they were all connected via Plug&Play.

The other cams are two ColorVu 2347G2-LU (not the C models) they are running v5.5.160_230217 and one HiLook T651HZ

When I upgraded to the M series NVR I simply pugged the cams in and allowed the NVR to download the details.
I wasn't aware that the latest M series are compatible with edge. I will start using edge.

The NVR is currently on v.4.61.420_230717 I was holding off updating to v4.63.000 because of the issues reported with the Hik-Connect alarm enable/disable bug but I can upgrade to the latest if you recommend to do so.

When I upgraded the new camera I rolled through several versions:
from v5.5.801_210272 (pre installed) > v5.7.1_211109 >v5.7.13_230504

The latest on the Hik-Connect alarm enable/disable issue is explained here (on the two most recent V4.63 versions), things are slightly different, but not completely resolved.

It's not as bad in V4.63.000, but maybe best to stay on your current version if you still think you're going to need the "arm silently" version to work properly.

I would try a hard reset of the camera to see if this clears the picture up (which is always good practice following big updates anyway) and then redraw the intrusion settings:

I've hard reset the camera as suggested.
Its kept the latest firmware and now the picture appears on the NVR's smart event page (no longer a grey box) and is clear, so that's a result.

I've redrawn the intrusion detection areas.
I'll see how it performs over the weekend.

Thanks

The latest on the Hik-Connect alarm enable/disable issue is explained here (on the two most recent V4.63 versions), things are slightly different, but not completely resolved.
It's not as bad in V4.63.000, but maybe best to stay on your current version if you still think you're going to need the "arm silently" version to work properly.
The only difference between 4.63.000 and 4.63.005 is display of status. When you 'Disarm' an area in 4.63.005, the camera thumbnail should show 'Disarmed' but instead incorrectly shows 'Silenced'.

'Arm Silently' continues to behave exactly the same as 'Armed' with push notifications coming through to the phone.

Hikvision support got back to me yesterday evening regarding the issues I'd had with their patched version of 4.63.000. I responded with a detailed explanation of what was wrong in 4.63.000 and what is wrong in 4.63.005. I'll provide an update when I here anything back from them...

Hi. I may as well update the NVR to the latest version. I can live with the current 4.63.005 enable / disable issue.
The camera is working as it should in both live view and playback so all is good there.

I still have an issue with the intrusion settings and wonder if this is normal behaviour.

The camera is mounted to cover the entire rear garden. The garden is approximately ten metres by six metres.
The camera is placed in one corner looking diagonally across to the other.
Despite drawing the intrusion area as the whole picture I only get an alert if the target moves within four metres of the camera?
I've played around with the threshold and sensitivity but it makes no difference.
Any movement outside of the purple area (about four square metres) on the below drawing is not being detected.

grden cam.jpg

I'm going to try setting up line crossing detection and see if that works to detect movement at the shed area.

Despite drawing the intrusion area as the whole picture I only get an alert if the target moves within four metres of the camera?
Was the camera detecting targets beyond the ~4m before you updated the firmware?

As you only have "human" set as the detection target, the camera must be struggling to recognise a human form unless it is within the 4m, so it would be interesting if it was better at this on the earlier firmware...

Also, have you tested an even smaller minimum target size than the one in your screenshot in post #1?

You can't have this too small really, as you're using the Acusense in the camera anyway.

Let us know how line crossing works.

Updating the firmware was the first thing I did before setting the detection settings so I have no idea how it was on the earlier version.

Line crossing works and detects human movement 10m away.
Intrusion detection still doesn't detect movement beyond ~4m even after reducing the minimum target size and ramping up the sensitivity to 100

As long as I have some form of detection at the far end of the garden I can live with it.
Its far better than the non-AcuSense camera it has replaced which gave dozens of false alarms detecting every bird, moth and leaf!

Thanks for the update, I'm glad you're getting more reliable detections with line crossing :)
I'll pass your findings on to Hikvision in case they can improve the intrusion detection performance in the next update!

Back