01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

7604NI-E1/4P NVR Repeatedly Resetting after Power Outage

ste92

hi, i have a problem with 7604ni-e1 / 4p. i installed the nvr in a house where it has solar panels and batteries. unfortunately it snowed and the batteries ran out so the nvr was turned off, after cleaning the snow then power was back on. in recent days, despite a battery problem for too much distilled water, the current came and went. i found my nvr as if it was reset to factory defaults then i configured everything again. after a few days the power went out and it always came back due to a battery system problem, so I found my nvr reset again. I measured with a tester the buffer battery which was 3.2v, it seems to me or 3.1v, in your opinion what problem does it have? i also updated the nvr with the latest firmware but nothing. thanks

Can anyone tell me what it could be? if a problem with the circuit or something else?

Hi @ste92

Can you confirm that the latest firmware you have updated to is v3.4.101?

It is not a setup or issue we have seen before and if the firmware is correct then the only thing I can think would be the problem is that due to the age of the E-series model it may be a faulty NVR (potentially caused by the power outage), we would recommend replacing it with a newer DS-7604NI-K1/4P(B) 4-channel NVR

Hi @ste92

Can you confirm that the latest firmware you have updated to is v3.4.101?

It is not a setup or issue we have seen before and if the firmware is correct then the only thing I can think would be the problem is that due to the age of the E-series model it may be a faulty NVR (potentially caused by the power outage), we would recommend replacing it with a newer DS-7604NI-K1/4P(B) 4-channel NVR
the latest firmware is V3.4.98 build171121

Ok, I see the confusion. Unfortunately, the firmware files in the download portal are not always in release order and you will see if you look in the middle of the list of the folders that the latest version is actually v3.4.103 in the EU Portal.

Ok, I see the confusion. Unfortunately, the firmware files in the download portal are not always in release order and you will see if you look in the middle of the list of the folders that the latest version is actually v3.4.103 in the EU Portal.
I'll be damned..
I thought the firmware were in order ..
so before the release V3.4.103 build181226 , which is that before this?
which firmware better to use? En or Ml? I don't know the difference
thank you very much!

Last edited:
Hi @ste92

The newest version before v103 on the EU portal is v98 which you are already running so there is no problem going straight to v103.

EN is English and ML is Multi-lingual which gives you all the different language options the menus/GUI.

thanks i updated it i don't know what changed.
i measured the cr1220 buffer battery after i kept it off tonight, it measures 3.064v. while when I had tried it after turning off the nvr it measured 3.2 v. is it to change for you? also which brand to take? thanks!!!

Hi @ste92

Sorry, I don't understand your questions. I think something has got lost in translation.

Hi @ste92

Sorry, I don't understand your questions. I think something has got lost in translation.
ok i meant that, i updated the nvr to the latest version you suggested, i don't know what changes it has had.
also I measured the buffer battery of the nvr (cr1220) with a tester, after having kept it off a few hours it measured 3.064v. while a week ago I had always measured the buffer battery, but I immediately measured it without waiting a few hours and the value was 3.2 v. maybe not holding the charge? is it for you to replace?

If the buffer battery is a component of the NVR itself then it will be covered by the NVRs warranty if you think that has failed, but judging by the age of the model you have you have likely had the NVR for longer than 3 years which means it is now out of warranty. I would suggest you leave it running on that latest firmware version and see if you see the same resetting issue as before, if not then it is likely the firmware has resolved the issue, but if it does continue I can only think it is a fault in the NVR and you will need to look at purchasing a new replacement model.

Back