01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

8x Acusense cameras on a 8channel Accusense NVR

Spanners

Am I right in thinking that eg: 8x Acusense cameras can be run on a 8 channel Acusense NVR if it is enabled at the camera level and not using the NVR to do it?

Dumbass here bought Accusense cameras and a NXI NVR

Last edited:
That's right, if you just select the "enable AI by device" option when you are setting up each event on the NVR, it will use the Acusense that's built-in to the camera rather than the NVR's, meaning there will be no restrictions on resolution, as explained here:

1657891170769.png

However, the Acusense cameras require more bandwidth than the older models, so you may run into issues if you are using lots of high-resolution cameras regardless.

I.e. Your NVR will have an 80 Mbps total incoming bandwidth budget, whereas the 8MP Acusense cameras tend to use 20-25 Mbps each if you use the maximum frame rate and resolution on the cameras.

You may run into bandwidth issues even with 4MP and 6MP AcuSense cameras, as these can use between 15-20 Mbps each.

Using H.265+ and lowering the frame rate may help a bit, but our advice to anybody looking to use more than 4 high-resolution Acusense cameras is to purchase a 16 channel I-Series NVR which should have plenty of bandwidth at 160Mbps.

Excellent. Thanks for the in-depth reply - appreciated
I actually have a NXI-I2 16 channel NVR so good to go.
Just used 8x with 8ch as a simple example.

No worries :)
Ah, great, you should be absolutely fine then!

Back