01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Accessing nvr-208m-a/8p IP cameras directly

Manfred

Hi.

I had so far a Hikvision DS7604 NVR, the cameras connected via an external POE switch and could easily access the cameras directly via their IP address and add them to the TinyCam etc( which I quite like).

Recently I bought the nvr-208m-a/8p which has 8 integrated POE Lan connections.
But I can not access the cameras anymore directly, just see them via the Hik Connect App or at the monitor at home.

Is there any possibility to "forward them" or any setting which I am missing of the NVR? Or do I need to use the external POE switches still, to be able to access them directly?

Any help is welcome.

Thank you in advance.

Manni

Hi,

The NVR-208M-A/8P is a Hiwatch NVR not a Hikvision NVR like the 7604, we have never sold Hiwatch (it is Hikvision's consumer range) but as far as we are aware the Hiwatch NVR's do not support the virtual host setting that allows you to access cameras connected directly to the NVR.

We have a guide on how to use the virtual host feature so it might be worth checking the NVR's settings for a similar setting that might allow you to access the cameras, if the setting doesn't exist then you will have to add the cameras to your network remotely via PoE switch (like you did with the 7604) and then you can access the cameras individually using their IP addresses.

Back