01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

iVMS-4200 Advanced settings not loading in iVMS-4200?

IP Man

I'm using iVMS for the first time and adding my cameras.

When I try to view the advanced settings for a camera, it shows all the settings in the menu when loading:

1647173201499.png

But once it's loaded it only shows me the storage setting for some reason?

1647173223581.png

Any idea why that is?

Are your cameras connected via an NVR perhaps? If so I think that's all you'll see in iVMS.

All on local network plugged into switches. The only NVR I use is a dedicated Blue Iris PC recording all the feeds.

I'm trying to use iVMS on my main windows PC, which isn't the NVR, but obviously on the local network. Adding the cameras by IP address.

Last edited:
All on local network plugged into switches. The only NVR I use is a dedicated Blue Iris PC recording all the feeds.

I'm trying to use iVMS on my main windows PC, which isn't the NVR, but obviously on the local network.
Ok that's strange. If you imported each camera individually into iVMS, using the local IP address and the camera(s) admin account, you should be able to fully configure the cameras.

i have the identical issue. I can select advanced and watch it load but it finally stops on storage and i cannot access anything else. I am connected directly to the camera, no nvr

There isn't anything else besides that. All the "Advanced" stuff is in "Basic" which opens camera web interface(mindblown ha?). It is commonly wrongly interpreted.

There isn't anything else besides that.
No. Sometimes there is something different. But this must be unlocked to access.
For example my DS-KV6113WPE1(A), Advanced Function is accessible and some things can be set only from there.
Special characters on wifi password not recognised in Basic Settings and CCD Day/Night Switch Mode, where you can for example disable infrared

Yea but this is not Camera per se. If anyone would like entire old configuration menu using "Advanced" option, then i would rather suggest using BatchConfiguration tool.

Difference between Basic and Advanced is not in its name.

Basic opens configuration via HTTP using ISAPI endpoints on device.
Advanced opens configurations via Device port 8000 utilizing SDK.

You are right some options weren't rewritten from SDK to ISAPI, but that changed with hardware revisions, as they stopped firmware releases for EOL devices.

I 've seen what you mean by SDK ti ISAPI, sometimes when plugins not installed correctly on iVMS4200 you see the Batch configuration tool GUI, but advanced Function GUI, if you manage quickly to get a screenshot, is different and possibly locked.

Can you explain why Calibration does not exist on Basic Settings for ColorVUs. But this exists as someone can see by a high end NVR. But is not accessible from basic settings GUI either web or iVMS or Batch config tool

Yea its quite simple to explain.

Lets say ColorVu in this case scenario is not acusense, and you cant calibrate min max values on camera directly, while you can for that camera on NVR.

Reason is that in this case NVR is doing AI processing instead of camera.

Usually its limited to half the channels of NVR but depends on the acusense model and generation.

ColorVU G5 Acusense does not have an option in settings to Calibrate while it should.
Same way this does not have an option to adjust all kind of Detection sensitivities, Normal or Smart.

Do we think about same calibration? Do you mean by min/max on intrusion or line crossing?

No. Those in settings are selections and percentage.
Calibration and sensititivity is another thing, necessary for almost every kind of electronic or mechanical device that exists in this world.

Min/max values are used for acusense algorithm calibration. If you can say what u meant by saying calibration on your side rather than writing something totally unrelated would be helpful a lot in this discussion if we were to proceed.

Here is screenshot of my G5 Camera, what is not here that you saw on NVR?

Screenshot 2024-08-20 152406.png
Screenshot 2024-08-20 152324.png

Check your NVR web or iVMS settings VCA- Abnormal Event Detection.
Min/Max values do not calibrate anything. Your preferences in settings are not calibration

Back