01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Analyse Footage retrospectively

OrdinaryJoe

I have a camera facing out front. I have line crossing for event near my door and driveway. However my neighbour believes someone was in their garden on a night last week. Their garden is in view of my camera. They have asked if I could see anything on the camera.

Q: Is there a quick way (or software) to analyse footage quickly that might pick it up? As i said, my existing event alarms wouldn't pick up for that area...other than that is it simply watching it back at faster speed?? (heartache!!)

I have a camera facing out front. I have line crossing for event near my door and driveway. However my neighbour believes someone was in their garden on a night last week. Their garden is in view of my camera. They have asked if I could see anything on the camera.

Q: Is there a quick way (or software) to analyse footage quickly that might pick it up? As i said, my existing event alarms wouldn't pick up for that area...other than that is it simply watching it back at faster speed?? (heartache!!)
Can you do a VCA search of that area?

Not sure how to? Did I need it enabled on the camera in advance or can I just scan the remote playback?
On the camera make sure VCA is enabled, should be checked by default

Screenshot 2023-01-10 at 07.49.57.png

You'll need to be recording 24/7 continuous and (I think) should be able to retrospectively search.

During playback.
set the start / end date times.
you'll have to look for a dropdown box search button and choose vca search, draw a box around the area of interest and search. you may see a list of files to play back.

My NVR and cameras are old and things may have changed slightly.

David

Back