01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Annke Vs Reolink Vs Hiwatch?

Hi - We're looking for a 4 camera 4mp NVR POE system around £500, but having difficulty deciding on a brand.

I've read some fairly good reviews of Annke and Reolink, but should we consider Hiwatch due to the parent company being Hikvision?

I believe Annke and Reolink camera's have aluminium bodies whereas Hiwatch are plastic. But internally will the Hiwatch NVR and camera's be Hikvision just with different cases and packaging? Obviously the Hiwatch systems run the Hikvision software which I assume must be a positive?

Thanks.

HiWatch is a consumer brand of HikVision i.e. they introduced the HiWatch range as a lower cost option than HikVision-branded products.
The HiWatch products tend to use leass up-to-date technology e.g. ring of IR LEDs and no h.265+.
We have never tested them, so I'm afraid you'll have to look elsewhere to see/assess whether they perform well enough to meet your requirements.

HikVision also make a lot of products that are re-badged and re-sold under other brand names. I've certainly seen Annke cameras, and TrendNet and others that have plainly come from the HikVision factory.

If you go with a third-party brand, I think it is unlikely that you will see any product development or improving firmware in the lifetime of your product.

Also, you need to b ewary of whether those third-party brands will keep your cameras/NVRs internet secure when vulnerabilities are discovered. HikVision are a main brand and need to react quickly to maintain their good reputation whenever necessary.

HikVision had to release quite a few firmware patches last year:
Hacked Hikvision IP Camera Map USA And Europe

Back