01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Any serious techs here who have played with Hikvision SDK to subscribe to triggers such as line-detection etc?

DVEZ

I've seen the top-end of Hik's cameras tend to support their SDK, and even custom application installs.

Just wondering if anyone here has written any code to integrate with the cameras for more custom security solutions rather than the usual relays and whatnot.

I'm hoping I can work with the cameras a little more via custom apps, can jump into any coding language so that is not an issue, however lack of info regarding how to work with Hik's SDK and even lack of example code/projects is rather surprising.

Hi @DVEZ

Made any progress with the Hikvision SDKs?

I think the reason you are struggling to find examples of SDK code integration for Hikvision is that Hikvision HQ is very controlling of the SDK files, when we have tried to access them for customers in the past Hikvision support have requested extensive details on who the customer is and will only approve business customers like installers, integrators, or software developers to have access to the files.

This means that the hobbyist that would usually post on forums about their tests and findings can't do so.

Gave up in the end. Dumped all the hikvision cameras on ebay. I can now understand why some of my colleagues shriek at the brands beginning with D & H, you know that look 'are you kidding me??!!!'.

Cut a long story short, we've completely switched brands over to Axis, and my god are Axis on a whole different level, especially their latest AI software integration tech. It is costing us more, but just the support alone is worth it.

Reactions: Dan
Back