01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

App for iPhone for use with a DS-7204HQHI-F1/N/A DVR?

Covdad

Hi

My Daughter and Son-in-law have a 2016 ish CCTV system.
It's not yet connected to the internet but once it is what will be the best "FREE" iPhone app for it?

DVR Model Number - DS-7204HQHI-F1/N/A

Hi

My Daughter and Son-in-law have a 2016 ish CCTV system.
It's not yet connected to the internet but once it is what will be the best "FREE" iPhone app for it?
Please can you delete the picture and just post the model number? Those details should not be made public.

Hi @Covdad

We would recommend using either the Hik-Connect or iVMS-4500 apps, both of which can be downloaded from the Hikvision app store

As it is an older DVR model it may be better supported by the older iVMS-4500 app.

Hi

Thankyou

I assume you got rid of the pic as I can't see it anymore

SORRY!!!

Reactions: Dan
No David.
I have struggled in the past with my own up to the point of having a guy (£45) remotely take over my pc which was great for 6 weeks or so then the ip address changed because I have a older DVR 2010ish and that's what they do when they're that old so it's not worked since.
I have just redecorated a bedroom that is networked and pulled the wrong CAT6 patch cable through to the network switch I have in the loft so now I'm having to cut and put CAT6 connectors on and the damn things a lot smaller than they appear on youtube etc. Plus I'm doing them 1/2 way through a loft hatch stood on the ladder grrrrrr.
I found some good ones on Amazon that let you thread them up a clip first then put them into the connector which I'm hoping will help do it.

These

I don't wear glasses but I need the x25 spectacles on that I mend iPhones with for these.

Thanks

Waffled on long enough.

@Covdad I use cat5e for my home Network wiring and can relate to the ladder loft hatch thing. I've terminated a lot of rj45 plugs and sockets, I use my thumb to gauge where to trim the wires.

I used patch cables and plugged them straight in the back of the socket dead easy except for routing them, holes in walls and ceilings and through to the adjoining garage then one into one bedroom 3 in another then up to the loft and then off to the other 3 bedrooms.
Trouble was with CCTV going in I needed a switch in the loft as my router had used all it's sockets up. No problem until as I said I pulled the wrong cable through when decorating (so annoying when I colour coded them all 15 odd years ago for the colour of the bedrooms then) and it appears I have not only had to cut one in the loft (so 2 connections) I may be have spoilt the bedroom end and not much movement from it as it must have plaster on it somewhere up the wall which stops it moving.

Back