01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Audio stream missing

Pyx

Hi . I am new to CCTV and still learning.
I have recently purchased a DS-7608 N1-K2/8p with 4 DS-2CD2183G0-1 cameras.
I have so far set the cameras to the nvr. i have continuous recording set . I can access all on the device and on devices on the same router. (as yet i have not done settings for remote access).
My first question is am I correct that these cameras have an internal mic?
On the camera set up the video stream box is greyed out , so I do not have the option of Video/audio.
I have connected audio from the nvr to tv.
I updated the firmware on the cameras last night. V5.6.3 190923

Any suggestions? thanks in advance
see attached.
Hikvision nvvr video.png

Hi Pyx,

There are two versions of the DS-2CD2183G0. If you've purchased the Hikvision DS-2CD2183G0-I, as you've mentioned it won't support audio I'm afraid. The Hikvision DS-2CD2183G0-IS however, does. The -S in suffix of Hikvision model numbers means the camera supports two-way audio.

It's worth checking which of the models you have. If you do indeed have the -IS model, then you'll still need to buy and add a separate microphone as they come with capability to support audio but not with an in-built microphone.

Hope that all makes some sense!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Kyle

Thanks, I listed the correct one, but it seems I have been mislead in my thinking..... A Prefix is at the beginning . A Suffix is at the end.

So my cameras cannot support audio. Any recommendations to one that will ( I need this for evidence of noise nuisance ).

thanks for your reply.

Hi Pyx,

Well spotted - I meant suffix, sorry for the confusion! I'm afraid they can't, no.

What sort of range would you need the camera to cover? The Hikvision DS-2CD2183G0-IS 8MP Dome Network Camera is the same model as the one you have, but with audio capability. The microphone isn't built in though so you will have to connect your own.

The Hikvision DS-2CD2386G2-IU 8MP AcuSense Turret Network Camera would also do a very similar job to your existing cameras (30m IR range and 8MP resolution), but comes with the mic built into it.

My other suggestion would be the Hikvision DS-2CD2343G0-IU 4MP IR Fixed Turret Network Camera, which also comes with the microphone built in. However, this model is only 4MP, so a bit of a drop in resolution. It will still do a good job though.

Here's a filtered list of all the cameras with built-in microphones available from our Webshop so you to have a browse for yourself. :)

Back