01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Best new turbo dvr with VCA events?

ste92

hello everyone, I have to change the dvr because it doesn't support hikconnect, I need 8 channels but I don't understand if it has Vac events, line crossing, intrusion detection, etc. I have come across these models that would be fine but I don't know if they have Vac:

IDS-7208HUHI-M 1/S 8

DS-7208HQHI-K2/A

hello everyone, I have to change the dvr because it doesn't support hikconnect, I need 8 channels but I don't understand if it has Vac events, line crossing, intrusion detection, etc. I have come across these models that would be fine but I don't know if they have Vac:

IDS-7208HUHI-M 1/S 8

DS-7208HQHI-K2/A

DVRs are always limited with VCA events in a way that IP based NVRs are not. Both of those DVRs support VCA events however they are vey different models:

• The HQHI-K2/A model will take 2 hard disks if needed, only supports TVI cameras up to 2 megapixel (1080P)
  • The IDS...HUHI model is much newer and better. The IDS models feature AcuSense false alarm filtering in the DVR. That allows you to filter motion events so that the event only triggers if a human (or vehicle) is in the image. The HUHI can also support higher megapixel cameras, 5 megapixel across all channels (I think they may support a single channel at 8MP as well)
In short, go for the IDS-7208HUHI-M1/S

DVRs are always limited with VCA events in a way that IP based NVRs are not. Both of those DVRs support VCA events however they are vey different models:

• The HQHI-K2/A model will take 2 hard disks if needed, only supports TVI cameras up to 2 megapixel (1080P)
  • The IDS...HUHI model is much newer and better. The IDS models feature AcuSense false alarm filtering in the DVR. That allows you to filter motion events so that the event only triggers if a human (or vehicle) is in the image. The HUHI can also support higher megapixel cameras, 5 megapixel across all channels (I think they may support a single channel at 8MP as well)
In short, go for the IDS-7208HUHI-M1/S
thank you very much for the help!
or even another model if it is better

example

IDS-7208HQHI-M1/S​

Last edited:
thank you very much for the help!
or even another model if it is better

example

IDS-7208HQHI-M1/S​

No that one's not as good. In order of performance/specification it's HQHI > HUHI > HTHI (the HTHI being able to accept cameras at 8MP 15FPS across all channels)

So if you wanted the best you'd get the IDS-7208HTHI-M2/S(C)

No that one's not as good. In order of performance/specification it's HQHI > HUHI > HTHI (the HTHI being able to accept cameras at 8MP 15FPS across all channels)

So if you wanted the best you'd get the IDS-7208HTHI-M2/S(C)
I looked at the price of DS-7208HTHI-K2 but it costs a lot to scrap, which one would you recommend the IDS-HUHI model?

but it costs a lot to scrap
I don't understand what you're asking? Basically HQHI, is not as good as HUHI, is not as good as HTHI.

HQHI is the cheapest and only good for 2 megapixel cameras
HUHI is in the middle and only good up to 5 megapixel cameras
HTHI is the best and can connect to 8 megapixel cameras.

Additionally models starting 'DS' have standard functionality whereas models starting 'iDS' will allow you to filter events with 'AcuSense' so that you can (to some extent) filter out false events from motion detection..

Pick the model that suits your cameras and budget.

thanks, I think taking the IDS-7208HUHI-M1/S model is somewhere in between :)

Back