01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Bugs/Flies/Insects and Motion Detection

Julian

Hi,

I've got a new install going on here. We have 4 of 8 cameras set up so far and I have noticed an issue with flying insects passing the camera and triggering the motion detection.

Does anyone have any tips on settings for the cameras to reduce this and still track larger slower moving objects (people).

I'm currently running at 20fps, at 2688x1520 on some DS-2CD2342WD-I in expert mode on the motion detection of the camera with various levels of sensitivity and percentage settings for different areas of the image.

Thank in advance,

Julian

Read this post:
http://forum.use-ip.co.uk/threads/t...ted-with-your-hikvision-system.689/#post-1359

My opinion: quit motion detection. Its not catching what you want when needed and catching items as the insects you are experiencing. Put the cams on continues recording.
I use "intrusion detection zones" to be able to make a vca search/mark on the date/time line for when something has happend. Make it easy to search/scroll through the recorded streams

Last edited:
Thanks for the pointers Soren.

I have moved over to Intrusion Detection but I cant seem to get it to trigger the event in the Synology Surveillance Station. I notice you mentioned VCA which is part of the HikVision NVR so now I'm wondering if this feature actually works in the Synology.

I even went as far as putting the threshold to 0, Sensitivity to 100 and Percentage to 1. It saw me on the live view of the camera with a green and red box but no trigger through to the Synology. I have double checked the arming schedule and linkage method but with no luck.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Back