01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

cam selection for mounting narrow soffit

dazulrich

Centurion!
Trusted Member
Hi,
I'm looking for couple of cameras for front and back of 2 storey house.
Its for overlooking 7m*6m front garden/drive and 7m*15m back garden.
I can't mount camera onto exterior walls , and only have about 7cm wide soffit to mount the cameras.
I found a few mini-bullets that have a mounting pad that should fit
2065 - 6MP - darkfighter
2085 - 8MP - darkfighter
2083 - 8MP - darkfighter
2086 - 8MP - acusense

There is big difference in price , not sure I undertand whether the features of the top range cams benefit. Also looking to fit lower level cam to cover front door, but less of a mounting issue and i might go with turret and not bullet.

many thanks in advance for any advice.
daz

Hi @dazulrich,

This Forum post will help you with your understanding of the differences between the EasyIP 2.0+/3.0/4.0 cameras:

If Events and recording by events is important to your setup then the AcuSense camera is a good choice, if you just plan to record continuously and may/may not use events at all then the 2085/2065 are also good choices.

For the door camera, we would actually recommend the 2545 4MP Mini Dome as this model features a shorter 10m IR which is better for covering spaces were faces and other objects may be very close to the camera, also the small size is better for head-height installation than a large turret.

Thanks a lot Dan..
no need for events recording.
actually there is the 2045 as well , which is 4MP darkfighter cam (Easy IP 3.0 ) but I presume there is no real reason to use that over the 2065 (other than price).
I've also looked at the Mini Dome..
daz

Reactions: Dan
yes, we would recommend the 6 or 8MP models but if budgets are tight then the 4MP is an acceptable option as well, especially to cover the area in front of your house as that is under 10m and so the level of detail you get when comparing he 3 x resolutions over that short distance would be pretty similar, but if it is within budget and to future-proof the system we would still advise a 6 or 8MP model.

Back