01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Camera disabled or not connected

Rob141

Hi There All
Just update my HKVision DS-7716NI-14/16P to V4.21.008, Build 190625
Now all my cameras are showing "disabled" or "no link" but when I go into the PoE settings the cameras are showing as connected, apart from a PTZ camera they are all G1 family cameras, no matter what I do I can't get them back online, I tried the sadp tool but with no luck.
If the firmware in these cameras need updating how would I do this if I cant even get them to connect?
Suggestions on my next steps please?
Thanks in advanced
Rob

Rob, a couple of points:

1) Read my thread - does this seem to match? I know yours is a different scenario, but I never got feedback about the problem I presented and I really wonder if it's a new problem with the latest NVR firmware. Problem adding cameras to I-series with firmware 4.21.xx

2) If the cams are connected to the POE ports, which I think you said they are, they will not show up in SADP because they are on a different subnet from your router.

Thanks fullboogie for your reply, at the present time I don't know what firmware the cameras are on, brought them late October 2018,
How did you factory reset the cameras? so then I should be able to see the firmware, sorry but don't know to much on this, thanks

Can you get into the NVR? If so, you can see the cam firmware. Config/system/camera management/IP camera. Click on the link to the right for each camera, then login using the same credentials you use for the NVR. Once in the camera:

Config/system/system settings/basic information. You should see this screen in the camera interface, look for firmware version:

izehcfR.jpg

There may be an easier way for POE cameras, but that's how I do it.

Hi fullboogie,

This is all I can see, I just cant get the cameras to go online.

Thanks

Screenshot 2019-07-29 16.21.44.png
Screenshot 2019-07-29 16.17.32.png

You need to set up "virtual host" on your NVR. Do a search, there are a couple of threads on how to do it. I'm at work and can't offer much help right now.

Thanks for all the above replies,
I still can’t view cameras, they now have “User name or password wrong” and may have had this from the start of when I updated the firmware as I done a reset of the NVR and changed the password of the NVR. I have since changed the password back to the very first password that was on the NVR but still no view on cameras. When I go into PoE I can see the power that each camera is drawing but still no pictures. I have used the SADP tool and have all the camera details that HIk Vision would need to do a password reset but I don’t know where to send the information!
And to add to all my problems I have lost remote access to the NVR via IVMS or the portal where I took the screen shots from earlier in my post.
Again, help or advice greatly excepted.

ok, this makes me think it might relate to this issue - Security Update for Hikvision Systems - Strong Passwords

Do you know if the old NVR password you changed back to was a strong password? I would recommend hard resetting one of the directly connected cameras (with G1 cameras you can do this by removing the MicroSD card cover cand following these instructions) and see if they will activate with the current password your NVR has and if they don't then you can change the password to something stronger which should fix the connecting/activating issue.

Just an observation - from your screenshots, it looks like Hikvision's plugin for your browser isn't installed correctly. Which browser are you using?

That screenshot was on a Mac using safari, I can’t get ivms 4200 to work on my windows 10 laptop

Do you remember what the firmware (more or less) your DS-7716NI-14/16P was on before you upgraded to V4.21.008? Was it on an earlier version of v4 or did you come up from v3.xx?

I have a partial photo of the original set up back in October and the top left was 4.0
I hope this helps
Thanks

Back