01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Camera for Weather Monitoring

principia

Hi,
I'm looking for advice on a camera suitable for weather monitoring and uploading of pictures every few minutes to Wunderground. It will be permanently mounted on the side of the house facing south-west.
I'm torn between the turret and bullet types, and have the following requirements which may impact the decision:

The camera needs to point slightly above the horizontal - unlike usual security camera applications. Will this affect weather proofing?
The camera will be pointing in the direction of the sun as it tracks across the sky. So I need a wide dynamic range.
I won't be making use of the P&T or infra-red functions.

I can't see how I can easily modify a turret camera mount so that it points slightly upwards. A bullet camera might be more suitable.

So far I've been looking at the 4mm versions of the Hikvision DS-2CD2355FWD-I 5MP Turret or the Hikvision DS-2CD2T55FWD-I5 5MP Bullet. Or there's the mini-bullet Hikvision DS-2CD2055FWD-I 5MP Mini Bullet

Any suggestions on suitable cameras?

As the camera lens will be pointing slightly upwards, could rainex be used to help disperse the rain drops?

Many thanks

Richard

Back