01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Camera IR Lights Not Working

ElectricBats

Hi guys basically i have an Electriq 4 channel dvr cctv system specifically "electriQ CCTV System - 4 Channel 1080p DVR with 4 x 1080p Bullet Cameras - Hard Drive Required | electriQ" this one, and all works fine except for one camera whos IR lights do not work at nighttime. I have tried all basic diagnostics checks such as the power, BNC cable, switching all channels on the switch. Also took a close look at the camera itself and cleaned it and tested the ir lights by blocking them to see if it clicks and enabled but it doesnt.

I got a 1080p zosi camera to replace it and the ir works however the quality is horrific compared to the electric cameras (TL-D6H622). Ive tried to find a replacement camera however this specific model cctv system has been discontinued and i cant find it anywhere even ebay. I also emailed the Electriq company itself to ask for a replacement but they also said they dont have any as it discontinued.

I need some help to look for a camera which doesnt diminish quality and will be a suitable replacement, i think i might be forgetting certain things to look for in the replacement which are present on my current camera maybe thats why the quality is so horrific but i dunno if it works like that.

any help is appreciated,
thanks

Hi @ElectricBats

We have minimal experience with analog DVRs/cameras and absolutely no experience with cheap OEM/rebadged brands like electriQ, but it should be possible to connect most 2MP analog cameras to your existing DVR.

As we don't work with anaolg cameras, we can't really make any specific model recommendations but if you search for "2MP BNC Mini Bullet camera" and avoid any cheaper OEM/rebadged brands (they use cheaper components to build the cameras which leads to poor image quality) you should find something suitable.

Back