01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Camera issue

Warriors2016

Evening all,
New to the site and new to CCTV systems in general.
I recently installed a Hikvision NVR and 4 dome cameras, 3 of which seem to work brilliantly. One of the cameras however seems to be playing up...please see attache short video of the issue

The images, both live and recorded, seem to flash light/dark. During the daytime especially, it does this every few minutes, at night time it seems to do it when it detects movement. The camera in question is the
HIKVISION DS-2CD2542FWD-I
Can anyone offer any advice as to what may be causing this and how to rectify the problem.

Thanks in advance.

Hi - what firmware version is this camera running?
One of the early problems with the Hikvision 4MP R6 series was an image flashing problem that looks like what you're experiencing.

Have a quick read of this thread on the issue.

Essentially, if the camera is on v5.3.3 or earlier, then make sure you update to v5.3.6 or later.

Hi - what firmware version is this camera running?
One of the early problems with the Hikvision 4MP R6 series was an image flashing problem that looks like what you're experiencing.

Have a quick read of this thread on the issue.

Essentially, if the camera is on v5.3.3 or earlier, then make sure you update to v5.3.6 or later.

Thanks Kieran,

I checked the firmware and you were correct, the camera was running version 5.3.3. I have now upgraded it and the camera seems to be working correctly now.

Thanks for your help and advice.

Glad to hear it, hopefully smooth sailing here on out :)

Back