01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Camera Location/Positioning where would you mount cameras, Advice Needed

Smurf787

Hi Guys,

Need to mount CCTV to this property but unsure on how/where to position the cameras? Please see image...

Both houses are under one ownership. Main house is the brown door. Problem is Bay windows...!!! Cameras need to show street as cars occasionally are damaged here. I have marked with red dot where i think maybe the best positionings?

Where would you position cameras on this property and what type of cameras would you recommend?

Kind regards,

Last edited:
I think 2383 8MP turret cameras with a 4mm lens:
Hikvision DS-2CD2383G0-I 8MP Turret Network Camera

Each mounted on a junction box:
Hikvision DS-1280ZJ-M Junction Box
To allow you to make, weatherproof and keep your connections secure.

I think x4 is overkill, two would be fine.
One on the inner angle of each bay, looking across each other will cover your gate and anyone entering the houses or side passages, cars parked immediately in front, as well as probably a couple of cars in either direction.

Thank you for the suggestions, i can see the 2385 is just £22.80 more. What extra do i get with this model?

Also is the junction box required if the cable is going directly into the wall?

Would i have to get a Hikvision NVR? I want to get 8ch or 16ch...

Kind regards,

The 2385 has a acouple of extra smarts e.g. left item detection / item removed detection (which nobody uses)
Generally, on a hard wall, you would need a mounting junction box or arm; you need to accommodate the camera's pigtail lead and your connection to it e.g. make the connection from your cable to the camera AND keep it secure and weatherproof.

Back