01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Camera Missing From App View

Y4FUD

Hi Everyone.
Been lurking in the background for sometime But now is the time to ask for help.
Got an issue where 1 of 4 camera are not showing on the Hik-Connect or iVMS app on the iPhone. Firmware all updated and correct. Tried between the admin and user accounts and all cameras allowed to view. Reset and all the usual google options. Now at a loss and getting more and more annoyed.
Any ideas.
Hardware is DS-7608NI-I2/8p NVR & DS-2CD2H85FWD-IZS cameras.

Hi @Y4FUD,

Is the camera showing up at all in the device lists or it just the live view that's not available? Can you see the camera locally through your NVR? (via a monitor connected to the it?)

How does your setup look/how are the cameras connected to the network? Is the problematic camera wired directly to the back of the NVR?

Have you tried taking the camera down and reconnecting it to the NVR with a different ethernet cable?

Could you attach some screenshots of what you're seeing and of the camera's network settings in the SADP tool? (here's the download link to the latest version.)

Hi @Y4FUD,

Is the camera showing up at all in the device lists or it just the live view that's not available? Can you see the camera locally through your NVR? (via a monitor connected to the it?)
Only Live view not showing. Playback works ok on that camera.
can be viewed ok via NVR and web GUI. Just not via App.

How does your setup look/how are the cameras connected to the network? Is the problematic camera wired directly to the back of the NVR?
All cameras wired directly to NVR.

Have you tried taking the camera down and reconnecting it to the NVR with a different ethernet cable?
Yes cable tested and tried with temp cable locally.

Could you attach some screenshots of what you're seeing and of the camera's network settings in the SADP tool? (here's the download link to the latest version.)
All camera settings checked and compared between one another in SADP. They all match with exact same settings.

Attachments

• 8CC0F38F-587C-4DD8-9F08-909F6B8D04DC.png
    8CC0F38F-587C-4DD8-9F08-909F6B8D04DC.png
    448 KB · Views: 211
  • 3609A977-C61D-4514-B5EA-CB09C194A05F.jpeg
    3609A977-C61D-4514-B5EA-CB09C194A05F.jpeg
    612 KB · Views: 186
Here is the same camera view in playback mode. All works fine up to a few mins ago.

Attachments

• 680809E2-8F58-4D4A-B731-32AF6A28E68B.png
    680809E2-8F58-4D4A-B731-32AF6A28E68B.png
    5 MB · Views: 186
Hi Kyle.
someone on another forum directed me to use the Pro Control + App which I didn’t even consider for some reason. (I have this for the alarm).
missing camera popped straight into view with no issues. So must be an app issue on the iVMS/HikConnect

would still like to know why though it what the issue is.

Definitely a Hik-Connect issue. Try reinstalling the latest version of the app?

What's the camera's DNS set as? Try 8.8.8.8 if it isn't already.

Latest versions across 3 different devices All same issue.
yeh DNS is 8.8.8.8
Main thing is I can now see the camera’s remotely now which was the most important thing.
Thanks for the assistance.

Back