01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Camera names in Hik-Connect push notification Titles?

kohako

is there a way to change the push notification titles ? Instead of camera 3 as per image can it be changed to camera location name ?
760506EC-DC6D-4B7C-B779-9AF5BE8D1B36.png

Also when we get a notification there seems to be a tra time at the beginning of playback video can that be short bed so it starts at point of Alert Activation?

Hi @kohako

Have you sent names for the cameras/channels in the NVR settings?

If you login to the NVR and go to the image settings for each camera you should see OSD (Onscreen Display) settings where you can set the displayed name for the camera and this should also carry across to the Hik-Connect notifications.

I've just been testing this too - if changing the cameras' names in the OSD settings on your NVR (in a browser or on the local interface) doesn't update them in Hik-Connect, then you will need to change them in Hik-Connect too, which will change the notification titles in the app.

Touch the hexagon icon on your NVR in the app to open the settings and then touch "Alias", which will let you change the names of the linked cameras.

This worked for me :)

Thanks! Also when we get a notification there seems to be extra time at the beginning of the playback video. Can that be shortened so it starts at point of actual Alert Activation?

Hi @kohako

This is to do with pre/post record, when recording by event you can set a buffer zone of several seconds on either side of event, this way you don't miss anything.

But if you are recording continuously then you can set the pre/post record to 0 secs, you find this setting under the storage schedule menu in iVMS-4200 and it is in the advanced settings (see below)

Screenshot 2022-07-28 at 15.34.32.png

Where is this setting in the web interface? I cannot seem to find it.
Configuration > Storage > Schedule Setting > Record Schedule > Advanced :)

Reactions: Dan
Configuration > Storage > Schedule Setting > Record Schedule > Advanced :)

Thanks. Although it appears I can only set the pre-record to zero. The post record is a minimum of 5 seconds, but no big deal.

Back