01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Camera not showing on network

eshort

I have a new ONVIF dome camera, connected to my computer, set it up with fixed IP, working fine.
Fitted it, wired it to the network, but it does not show.
bought back to the office, connected fine through a local switch
Connected directly for a 24 port switch, blank, it does not show, tried ping, nothing?

What am I missing? it connect to my computer no problem, as soon as I introduce a switch, it disappears?

Can anyone help?

thanks,

@eshort enable dhcp on the camera and let your router assign the IP address. What model camera is it?

This is in a large stone built house, we have two 24 port switches with a central Network Controller and a Sonicwall VPN which we use a DHCP server.
The camera works fine when it in on the switch in my office (which has several items connected)
When I move it to one of the ports on main Network Switch it disappears.
I it listed as active on the Sonicwall server, but when I do and IP Scan on my computer it appears dead, not connected.
I do not now if perhaps the sonicwall is interferring in some way?4

This is in a large stone built house, we have two 24 port switches with a central Network Controller and a Sonicwall VPN which we use a DHCP server.
The camera works fine when it in on the switch in my office (which has several items connected)
When I move it to one of the ports on main Network Switch it disappears.
I it listed as active on the Sonicwall server, but when I do and IP Scan on my computer it appears dead, not connected.
I do not now if perhaps the sonicwall is interferring in some way?4
just to clarify. Camera connected to the main switch you can see the its IP address on the sonicwall server but cannot ping the camera from your computer?

any chance of some model numbers and a photo of a hand drawn diagram? nothing fancy, enough to give us an idea of your network topology.

Back