01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Camera & NVR Firmware updates?

Tricky

I see lots of posts about updating the camera & NVR firmware but i find the whole task of finding the correct Hikvision firmware very confusing a daunting,
I have looked and did download what i thought was the correct firmware for my NVR but on trying to load it it came back that it was not compatible can anyone point me to what would be the correct firmware updates for my NVR and cameras please?

NVR is the: DS-7608-NI-K2-8P
Cameras are: DS2CD2347G1-LU 4MP ColorVu with audio.

Thanks for that tried to update the NVR using the Pro software and it failed so presume that its up-to date cant find how to update the cameras but i would suspect that they are also up to date being recently purchased?

Can you confirm what firmware version your NVR is currently running? You should be able to see it under the System settings in Configuration/Remote Configuration.

If you are struggling to find it in the software we would recommend logging into the NVR with a browser as its easy to find under Configuration > System > System Settings

If you can see the camera firmware that probably means you have the cameras directly connected, when cameras are directly connected you can see the firmware details in the same way as you can with the NVR. You will need to activate a feature called Virtual Host which allows you to log in to each individual camera and check its firmware, we would definitely recommend doing this as even though the cameras are new they may have been sat on our local stock shelves and in Hikvision's warehouse for weeks or months and new firmware may have come out in that time.

Thanks the cameras are connected via POE switches and i can log in remotely the firmware versions i can find listed are :
NVR =V3.4.107 B19
Cameras=V5.6.2 B1907

Ok, the latest version for the cameras is v5.6.4 and the latest version for the NVR is v3.4.108

Is the above NVR firmware the one you said failed when you tried to update? Have you tried updating to this firmware when logged directly into the NVR with a browser?

Yes i have that's when it just came back with "failed" thanks for the links i will have a go manually and see what happens,
by the way i seem to have found two versions of the ivms 4200 software one says client and the other has 3.2.0.10 after it which is the current?

I have now managed to update both the NVR and camera firmware manually thanks for the links Dan.:)

Reactions: Dan
Back