01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Camera Selection - Sort of.

gokiwi

Hi , new here but not new to ip/poe cctv but very much on a budget level (got kicked off of ipcamtalk by fenderman for daring to make a post about Reolink !! - Hope that wont happen here)

I have a budget that is fixed to around £60 per camera, as always trying to get the best bang for my buck , day image quality important as location unoccupied during the day however occupied at night but night quality still important (just in case)

I use Blueiris as my NVR, so any camera would need to support onvif and be poe (both of these options must haves).

So assuming I don't get kicked , any help most gratefully accepted and also whether £60 per camera is realistic.

Happy to learn and be guided

I don't think that we can offer much, but another forum user may be able to give you their experience / findings.
There are many manufacturers who offer cameras at that sort of price point.
Most are of course sold via Amazon / eBay / AliBaba etc.

The only mentions we ever see of them is when users come here looking for help.
Obviously, those sales channels effectively offer no help.

POE and ONVIF are pretty basic requirements, so shouldn't be too hard to meet.
But we have seen an increasing number of mentions of what seem to be standard network cameras that in fact only work within the manufacturer's closed system e.g. their App/viewer.

You can pick up Hikvision HiLook for that price if you shop around. A quick look on a site for a trader in Bidford on Avon gives me Hikvision HiLook IPC-T250 (H) 5MP IP Turret camera with 30M IR + POE for a couple of quid over £60 with the VAT. If you talk to the traders they may have open box or older model stuff that they can do a deal on.

There are other brands as well.

It really does as I expect you know, depend on your other requirements though, type of camera, range, field of view, scene, camera detection options, etc.

Good luck

Back