01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Camera stopped working via NVR

dazboj

Hi, I have a bunch of IPC-B120 cameras and an NVR-108-A/8P.
One camera has starting dropping off the NVR which says there isn't a camera connected, although the PoE page shows it drawing power.
I've took the camera down and tried it directly connected to my network using a power adapter and it seems to work fine. Plug it back into the NVR and it won't detect it (Using a new, much shorted CAT5).

Do you thing this is an issue with the camera or the NVR?
With this camera, I have a total of 6 cameras hooked up to the 8 port NVR and the PoE page shows there is plenty of spare power.

Before the camera stopped working completely, it went through a period were the NVR claimed the camera didn't have a sub-view even though all the other cameras did. So viewing the camera in a small window within iVMS-4200 gave an error, but in a larger window it worked.

Thanks for any advice.

Played about a bit more and swapped cameras around and it seemed that 3 ports on the NVR just weren't working. PoE was working but it wouldn't detect any cameras.
I rebooted the NVR and one of the ports started working! (I didn't test the others). So i'll monitor it and see how it goes.

That's good to hear. For reasons nobody can explain, sometimes our NVR's just go whacky and need a reboot.

Back