01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Can’t access camera on mobile device

Geo

Hi , newbie here and not very tech savvy !! I’ve had a problem with my virgin internet , they have done something in the way of a hard reset. Following this I can no longer view my cameras on any device although I know they are still working. I guess I have to reinstall some info on my router settings. I can access my router but have no idea what I’m looking for or need to re enter , any help greatly appreciated

geo

Hi @Geo

Is it just mobile devices that you can't access the camera from? Can you login with a browser?
Did you have the camera setup with Hik-Connect/P2P or had you port forwarded the camera?

Hi Dan thanks for quick reply. I only view cameras through iPhone / iPad , the app I view through says iVMS-4500 and although I didn’t set it up , I’m confident it’s via port forwarding. I know the cameras are fine and it’s purely access since virgin media have done whatever they’ve done at there end !!!

geo

Ok, even though you don't access it this way usually, do you have a PC/browser where you can log in to the devices and also check the camera IP details with the SADP Tool?

When you say that Virgin have reset/rebooted your router it makes me think that one of 2 things have happened, either your network range has changed (e.g. from 192.168.1.254 to 192.168.5.254) and this means the cameras can't be seen by the router as they are still using the old IP range, the other possibility may be that resetting/rebooting the router has wiped the port forwarding details from the router.

Either way, if you didn't set it up last time and you now want to reset it yourself you are going to need a PC/Laptop directly connect to the same router as the cameras to identify the camera IP details, router/gateway address, and log in to the router to manage the port forwarding.

Dan , I have all that information, it was left with me by the installer. And I can access the router on my iPad ( did that this morning as a test ) as I’m aware I’d need that as a starting point. Once I access the router is where the problem starts as I’ve no idea what I’m looking for !!
Geo

With regards to your first question , I’ve no idea how I’d access it via a browser
Geo

ok, does the IP range (e.g. 192.168.5.xxx / 192.168.1.xxx / etc...) of the router address match the addresses of your cameras?

For example, if your router IP address is 192.168.5.1 and your cameras are 192.168.5.20 / 192.168.5.25 / etc... then that means your cameras and router should be linked together.

If everything is on the same network range then it likely means the issue is the port forwarding settings and you will have to follow our port forwarding guide to reset the port forwarding for your cameras.

Back