01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Can I fix the ip address of my Hikvision NVR?

julian toon

hi i have a hikvision system which i installed for a customer it works fine on the web browser and on the app cloud function.
but a rogue router was introduced to the network which was trying to hand out ip addresses and the hikvision nvr had its ip address changed and so the customer couldnt access the web browser but the cloud app worked .we removed the router and was able to find the new ip address fine.
to avoid this happening can i fix the ip address on the nvr and keep the app working what settings should i set in the network configuration
it has a standard 192.168.1.1 setting .
regards julian toon

Hi @julian toon

When you log in to the NVR and go to Configuration > Network > Basic Settings > TCP/IP do you have the DHCP settings enabled/ticked?

Hi @julian toon

Yes, the app and cloud function will work fine, DHCP only impacts the local network details of the device. When it is enabled the device will automatically locate an available IP address on your local network, but if you leave it enabled the address can keep changing when the device reboots or when the network configuration changes (like bringing in a rouge router). If you disable DHCP the local network details should stay fixed.

Back