01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Can I log into my DS-7608NI-E2 NVR via my Smart TV Samsung UA46ES6600

I was wondering if it was possible to log into my DS-7608NI-E2 NVR via my Smart TV Samsung UA46ES6600 . As far as I know the Samsung smart tv is using Safari on Linux platform I dont know if this would be compatible to sign into the Hikvision web site I have tried a few times and it just comes up with wrong password even if you could sign in would you be able to install the Web Com software ? .

Any thoughts from any one ?

In the past, it hasn't been possible to view any stream or make any configuration changes via a Smart TV as they typically could not support the Web Components plugin. Only way is to give it a try I suppose.
Not sure why the password would flag up as incorrect unless you were entering it incorrectly

Yes very much for your feed back and regarding the smart TV not being suitable to view the Hikvision output as for the password yes you cannot sign in which is a bit strange . But like you say even if we could sign in the web components plug in would not work .

Speaking about Web Components plug in not working I can not longer watch live view with my lap top using Firefox or Google Chrome , You can sign in but it requests you to install Web Components , Web Components is already installed as you can sign in and view using internet explorer so not sure why it no longer works with Firefox or Chrome.

Thanks again for the smart tv info .

Back