01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Can not adding my DS-2CD2543G0-IWS to HIK-Conect via wireless network

klobo

Hy to all,

my first post here,

i configured my IP camera DS-2CD2543G0-IWS , onwire everything goes fine, but when i try to conect via wirelles it goes offline
i see camera on my wireless network and i can access through browser with my laptop

thanx on advices

Hi @klobo

Issues with viewing cameras in Hik-Connect usually relate to the method & steps taken to link the camera to Hik-Connect, the below thread has a list of common things that fixed issues with Hik-Connect:

I have exactly the same problem with the exact fixed camera model. I have older models which work fine without any problem. The issue is not about connecting to hik-connect because it does connect to hik-connect but ONLY via ethernet cable.

I have setup the camera to have the ip address 192.168.10.14 for ethernet. hik-connect works fine. then i setup the wifi ip address to the same ip address. in this setup where both ethernet and wifi have the same ip address 10.14, hik-connect works fine. Once, i remove the ethernet cable, hik-connect register status is offline. If i put the ethernet cable back, then it goes online.

I have tried different ip address for ethernet and wifi. once i remove the ethernet cable, it does not matter if the ip address is similar or different, it will go offfline.

My gateway is the usual 192.168.10.1 and DNS i have tried numerous from 192.168.10.1. 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4. all of these do not work when the camera is connected wireless.

The thing is that how comes it work via ethernet but does NOT work on wireless? i have the latest firmware. Is it that internally, this camera wireless settings does get the same settings as when connected by ethernet? Anybody get the same problem with the same camera? Any solution for this?

Back