01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Can the previous owner of my Hikvision system access my NVR?

Markuzrockss

I have a question if you could help me out that would be greatly appreciated.

I bought a used Hikvision system and the seller has reset everything. However, he has a picture of the barcode under the NVR which connects to the app including serial numbers etc

If I set all my cameras up, will he be able to connect to my nvr using the barcode or any other way?

Thanks

Hi @Markuzrockss,

The barcode is only used for connecting to the NVR to Hik-Connect (the mobile app), which will ask for the NVRs admin password when trying to add it. If he reset the system properly for you then you should have been prompted to set this password as the first step when booting the NVR up for the first time? If so, then he won't be able to connect to it :)

Hi @Markuzrockss,

The barcode is only used for connecting to the NVR to Hik-Connect (the mobile app), which will ask for the NVRs admin password when trying to add it. If he reset the system properly for you then you should have been prompted to set this password as the first step when booting the NVR up for the first time? If so, then he won't be able to connect to it :)
Thank you so much for the fast reply.

Yes, i got a promt to set a new password.

Oh and whilst you are here. Would you know anything about this?...

I bought a separate new camera (Hikvision) and i am trying to plug and play but it says password is incorrect. Do i need to set a new password on just the camera? If so how can i do this?

And what if the camera already has a pass on it?

Thank you so much once again

No worries :)

Provided the cameras were properly reset, the NVR will automatically set the cameras a password when you connect them which will change depending on the age of the firmware the NVR is running. Were you asked to set an "Activation Password" on the same page as you set the NVRs password? If so, this will be the password assigned to the camera.

If not, it will be the same as the password you set for the NVR.

If neither of those work, chances are they haven't been reset properly. If your cameras have a hard reset button by the SD card slot, then you can reset it using this and the password will be set to one of those mentioned above. This guide explains how to do so: How do I Reset a HikVision IP camera using the pushbutton?

No worries :)

Provided the cameras were properly reset, the NVR will automatically set the cameras a password when you connect them which will change depending on the age of the firmware the NVR is running. Were you asked to set an "Activation Password" on the same page as you set the NVRs password? If so, this will be the password assigned to the camera.

If not, it will be the same as the password you set for the NVR.

If neither of those work, chances are they haven't been reset properly. If your cameras have a hard reset button by the SD card slot, then you can reset it using this and the password will be set to one of those mentioned above. This guide explains how to do so: How do I Reset a HikVision IP camera using the pushbutton?
Really appreciate your help Kyle.

I'll test this out tonight

Back