01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Can you change the Intercom Ringtone used when calling Hik-Connect?

NoFate

Gives a lot of help
Trusted Member
Hi,

i am using HikConnect on android, when someone presss the doorbell, it starts ringing on android, perfect!

but where to change the ringtone in the hikconnect app? i am unable to find it! ... i can only find a notification sound setting

Hi @NoFate

To adjust the ringtone you need to go to the setting of the outdoor intercom and not the indoor station. If you open iVMS-4200 and go to Remote Configuration > Intercom > Ringbacktone Settings and here you can upload a .wav audio file of your chosen ringtone. We have not tested this ourselves so I do not know whether this will transfer to the Hik-Connect app or if it is only for the ringtone heard from the indoor station, If it does not change the ringtone on the app then I think it will be the case that this is not a setting you can change in the app currently.

yeah, thnx , but thats is indeed a audio for indoor , not for app
because also, the sound on indoor is also different then in app, so it will not work

i dont get it why no more people are complaining? its quite a standard to change ringtone on app?
now when someone calls, all android ares ringing for the specified time (same setting on indoor)

it must be changable

It is not something anyone else has brought to our attention, if it is an issue that app is ringing at the same time as the indoor station you can go to the time parameters in the indoor station settings and adjust the call forwarding time from 0 seconds by default (which means the app and indoor station ring at the same time) to around 10-15 second so that the indoor station rings first and if not answered within the 10-15s is forwarded to the Hik-Connect app. You can also adjust the ringtone duration under this same menu if it is an issue that the app is ringing for too long.

Yeah, thnx already found that indeed , but thats not what i want :)

i want a custom ringtone, maybe a shorer one
also i noticed, when i answer a call on android, its always in speakermode , so the persons who is at the outdoo 8003 , he can hear himself talking as an echo
because the speaker is turned on on android, the voice gets back to the microphone of android, and is heared again on the 8003

i need to to disable speaker mode on android, for the hikconnect app, it should be a normal telephone mode instead

for test i added a bluetooth headphone, so no speaker then, and then also no echo on outdoor station

Back