01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Can you remote connect to cameras when using NVR in-built PoE?

codlord

Gives a lot of help
Trusted Member
Currently for one of our remote sites I have an NVR, cameras connected to an external PoE switch and a broadband router.

With a static public IP address and NAT/port forwarding setup on the router I can remotely connect to the IP address/port of the NVR and all the individual cameras.

I wondered if you use the in-built PoE interface of a compatible NVR is it possible to have the same remote connection to cameras or will I only be able to remotely connect to the NVR?

Currently for one of our remote sites I have an NVR, cameras connected to an external PoE switch and a broadband router.

With a static public IP address and NAT/port forwarding setup on the router I can remotely connect to the IP address/port of the NVR and all the individual cameras.

I wondered if you use the in-built PoE interface of a compatible NVR is it possible to have the same remote connection to cameras or will I only be able to remotely connect to the NVR?
With the virtual host enabled you may be able to access the camera direct using the virtual host port number.

NVR IP 192.168.0.5
Virtual host channel D1 url should be like 192.168.0.5:65001. Check the port number.

Update your port forwarding to point at the NVR IP and the appropriate port number.

Back