01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Cannot access my Hikvision cameras via browser

ITJService

Good evening to everyone

I have a similar problem. I am trying to access my IP camera GUI through web browser yet no success.

Virtual Host function is enabled, ports are also open. I can access my NVR via web browser, no issues with that but when i am trying to connect directly to my IP camera nothing happens ( just browser timeout). Router is just out of the box, not tied to any of internet providers and managing only this NVR & connected PC.

hik1.png

hik2.jpg

hik3.jpg

Your cameras have LAN IP addresses, as if they have been connected to your network before being plugged into your NVR's camera ports.
Also, they are showing as offline.
Try using the physical reset button on one of the cameras.
Hopefully, the camera will reset and pick-up an IP address from the NVR.

Thank you, I am a little bit confused about you said "have been connected to network before plugged into NVR"

If you take a closer look, the 1st one is Online and operating. NVR can access the camera and i can have a Live view through NVR's GUI directly to it - no issues with that.

What i understand is - NVR is acting as a router by itself because the DCHP is enabled. So it wants me to connect to camera No.1 through port - like -

192.168.0.101 (wich is NVR in network) but Cam No.1 is -

192.168.0.101:65001

Are your cameras plugged into the NVR's camera ports?

Yes (there's only one camera attached).

After I could not access it through NVR's open port, I tried to supply +12V directly and connect camera directly to router but it does not comes up and only 3 IR leds are blinking fast on camera.

I'm guessing if you had the camera directly plugged into the NVR Camera 1 PoE port, that you must have activated and programmed it BEFORE plugging its into the NVR - this was unnecessary.

The cameras LAN connection (192.168.0.101) is separated from the NVR's camera network which is addressed 192.168.254.1 by default (the NVR is accessible at that address if you connect a PC to a spare camera port) Connecting an unactivated camera to one of the ports will allow the NVR to allocate an address (using plug and play) in the 192.168.254.xxx range - camera 1 would become 192.168.254.2, camera 2 would be 192.168.254.3 and so on (these may become out of sequence as cameras are added removed, swapped around but it doesn't matter). At that point, with virtual host enabled in the NVR, navigating to 192.168.0.101:65001 would connect you to the camera plugged into camera 1 port of the NVR - 192.168.254.2 (or whatever address the NVR had allocated) Note that without additional configuration, you would only be able to connect to the cameras web page using virtual host from a computer on your local network (192.168.0.xxx)

You are experiencing problems because you have a camera connected to the NVR PoE port with an address on the same subnet as the NVR LAN port. You would only set the camera to the same 192.168.0.xxx network if you are connecting it on your LAN, to your router for example, NOT to the NVR port.

Your easiest option would be to press the reset button on the camera while powering it up. This will return it to it's deactivated status. Then connect it again (without programming anything) to camera 1 on the NVR. If you've not edited Camera 1 in the camera menu of the NVR, the Plug and Play mechanism will activate the camera and you'll be up and running.

The best thing to do now is to reset everything, including the NVR, back to defaults and start again.

If you encounter problems when connecting your first camera to the NVR, please feel free to come back with further questions straight away.

Sorry guys, forgot to write down an update of situation, maybe it will help somebody else.

I managed to access camera after a Reset and connecting it DIRECTLY to PC adding external power source ( i did not have Poe switch) and manually putting PC and camera in same subnet, so i logged into it via 192.168.1.64 directly and changed the IR mode to DAY only.

Dont know why but function "Virtual Host" that provides port forwarding from NVR to IP camera was not working no matter how i tried, maybe ill play with that some other time, main goal was to get CCTV up 'n running.

Thank you all :D

I know this thread is little old. Given all the discussion of other browsers to access Hikvision cameras, and the fact I own several of them, I thought I would share particular details to my situation. The browser interface is the nicest one that I have found for setting them up.

I had zero issue using a web interface with the Hikvision cameras until some nameless update to chrome. I tried seamonkey NPAPI, palemoon, IE tab and bunch of others. I got the best results with palemoon 28.9.3, it kind of worked but it had its issues too. The first problem I had was that the camera view shifted positions in the browser such that it obstructed screen controls. That was fixed by displaying only the navigation and bookmarks tool bars in palemoon. The next problem I needed to sort out was that one model of camera worked fine, the other did not. I had to downgrade the firmware of the camera that did not to get it to work. Trust me, lots and lots of time was spent to get the two simple answers that solved my problems. I will details my camera models below and the actions I took with each to get them working.

As a side note, I also use MyIPcam plugin for chrome to have instant access to a live view. It's nice because I don't have windows in my house that afford me that view of my driveway.

Hopefully this helps someone who is struggling to find an answer that actually works.

The cameras that were accessed using Palemoon alone were DS-2DE2A404IW-DE3 using firmware 5.5.16 (the latest as of this post, it is attached.

The cameras that required the firmware downgrade were DS-2CD2742FWD-IZS, downgrade to firmware 5.5.0 from 5.5.53, this should also be attached to this post.

Back