01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Cannot add DS-2CD2555FWD camera to my Hik-Connect account?

stanzanim

Hello
I cannot add a device to hikconnect CAMs list. My CAM is
1642006019472.png

serial number are the last nine characters in Serial No. text box
Please help: what am I missing?
In the hik connect app I am asked also for a user code: in the web I can login with a user name. What is pyronixcloud??

1642005893478.png

I got this: please consider that I can access the CAM and play live in my LAN
1642006637849.png

Hi @stanzanim

When logged into the camera with a browser have you followed the steps in this forum guide to enable Hik-Connect in the advanced network settings?

Where did you see "pyronixcloud" mentioned? Do you have a screenshot of this?

Thanks Dan.
Yes I did what is described in the forum guide. FYI I am using a nighthawk router with DDRT FW and VPM embedded in the router (does this matter? I can use the router w/o issues in a number of applications)
1642072632867.png

Register status is report offline: does this matter?

The pyronixcloud issue is from the hikconnect app which ask for a use code and app password ... but let's solve the first issue first

Last edited:
OK I was able to add another came (same model) which is not offline.
So next question is: how do I put online this cam?

update: I have updated the latest FW to both cams V5.6.3 build 190923: as a result they are both offline ...

Last edited:
Hi @stanzanim

It may be an issue with this version of the firmware, I'm not aware of anyone reporting that issue when previously running that firmware but I would recommend updating to the latest firmware - v5.6.6 - and see whether the issue may have been fixed in a newer firmware release.

BTW I was able to put online the CAMs: it was just a matter of reloading the CAM pages URLs (I found it heuristically, I did not find this written anywhere, just a youtube video). I was also able to register the CAMs with hikconnect
Thanks much: I will move to iVMS then: is this worth the effort ?

Back