01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Cannot disable linkage to surveillance centre for the motion detection?

omerzitelia

I have DS-7108NI-Q1-8P. I tried several times to disable the notification to surveillance centre for the motion detection. I did it on the NVR and on each camera individually. In a few hours it comes up again on all cameras. Does anyone have a clue how disable this notification permanently?

Thanks

Hi @omerzitelia

Log into each camera directly and make sure that all of the events are disabled on them, and "notify surveillance centre" is unticked.
The events should be set on the NVR, and then these settings should carry over to the cameras which will retain them - having them set on both can confuse the NVR.

If they're already disabled on the cameras, can you confirm which firmware your NVR is running, and also the model numbers and firmware versions of your cameras?

I did disable then from the cameras as well but they came back the same way they do with the NVR. I did disable them separately - on two separate days. Should I disable NVR and cameras at the same time to avoid them transfering the settings on to each other if they do that?

Camera
DS-2CD2021G1-I
Firmware
V5.7.4 build 220509

NVR
DS-7108NI-Q1 / 8P
Firmware
V4.74.100 build 230707

Yes, I'd try disabling it completely on both, and then before turning them on again on the NVR, installing the firmware listed as the latest for the cameras here - V5.7.21_230819

Hard resetting the cameras and rebooting the NVR won't hurt either (you'll need to reconfigure the image settings on your cameras though).

Then turn on the events again on the NVR only.

Kyle thanks for the input! How do I update the cameras? I have only updated the NVR. Do I need to be connected locally or can I do it over IVMS.

Thanks

You can update them via iVMS-4200 (or in a web browser) by using the Virtual Host feature, provided your NVR has it, which I think it should:

Then you'll be able to connect to the cameras' individual Upgrade & Maintenance pages to update the firmware :)

Hi Kyle!
It turns out that the NVR doesn't have virtual host. I tried updating the camers to online and it tells me I have the latest version. I guess this will not solve the problem.

:(

Back