01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Cannot get alerts on smart events

Jet1221

Hi,

I have a DS-7604NI-E1 / 4P/A NVR. I used to get alerts on my app IVMS 4500 when there were smart events e.g. line crossing or intrusion detection.

A few months back my trades man enabled EZVIZ and disabled DDNS (as the latter is not supported). I then had to install HikConnect on my iPhone. While live view works rather slowly as I keep getting Network Unstable... message and then it works intermittently, I am getting no smart event alerts. However, I do get motion detection alerts (too many for it to be useful). I have tried other APPs as well and notification is enabled. I have checked and rechecked my settings for smart alerts in the NVR but cannot figure out why they are not coming through to the APP.

My question: Is this a known issue? And so what is the fix.

Many thanks for your help!

Hi @Jet1221

What camera models do you have?
What firmware versions are your NVR and cameras currently running?

Hi @Dan

Thanks for getting back to me.

• The NVR: DS-7604NI-E1 / 4P/A and firmware V3.4.1 build 151225
  • 4X cameras: DS-2CD2142FWD-I
    • Firmware 3X: V5.3.3 build 150630 and 1X:V5.3.3 build 150630

I had trouble updating the cameras as MacOS does not support the plugin anymore (any solution to that will be helpful too) and didn't get around to updating via the NVR, I have a feeling they may be old. The firmware for the NVR is up to date as far as the web console tells me.

Thank you

ok,

The latest firmware for the E1/A NVRs is v3.4.2 and the latest firmware for the cameras is v5.5.53

If you are a Mac user I would recommend that you access the cameras/NVR and update the firmware using the iVMS-4200 Desktop software.

The process for updating firmware in iVMS-4200 is almost exactly the same as in the browser you just need to add the devices to the software, select the NVR/Camera you want to update and click Remote Configuration which should bring a page up like the below screenshot and you can navigate to System > System Maintenance and select the correct upgrade file.

Screenshot 2021-01-05 at 15.30.17.png

You will also see a button at the bottom labelled 'Remote IPC Upgrade' which will let you upgrade the firmware of any cameras directly connected to the NVRs PoE ports.

Thanks, will try to do this later tonight after work.
ok,

The latest firmware for the E1/A NVRs is v3.4.2 and the latest firmware for the cameras is v5.5.53

If you are a Mac user I would recommend that you access the cameras/NVR and update the firmware using the iVMS-4200 Desktop software.

The process for updating firmware in iVMS-4200 is almost exactly the same as in the browser you just need to add the devices to the software, select the NVR/Camera you want to update and click Remote Configuration which should bring a page up like the below screenshot and you can navigate to System > System Maintenance and select the correct upgrade file.

View attachment 4877

You will also see a button at the bottom labelled 'Remote IPC Upgrade' which will let you upgrade the firmware of any cameras directly connected to the NVRs PoE ports.

I

Yes I downloaded it, NVR upgrade was fine... cameras being upgraded as we speak. Thanks again!

hi @Dan
All the updates were successful. However, still cannot get the alerts. I am using the ProControl+ app, however, similar to prior the updates the alerts are visible in the log file in the NVR. Something weird that I completely missed is when I go to account management in the app I have a user called Teudii. Is that system generated as I didn't specify that. Or is that the account registered to the person who set up the security system and have now conveniently disappeared. Thanks

Hi @Jet1221

There should not be any auto-generated users on the app.

If you only have the NVR and cameras we would recommend that you use Hik-Connect and not ProControl+ as that app is only really designed for use with the Hikvsion/Pyronix IP alarm solution. You can find the latest version of Hik-Connect at the Hikvision App Store

Hi @Dan

I am using the HIK-Connect app, as a matter of fact I deleted the Pro Control+ right after the firmware upgrade. Still no alerts. Is there an issue with the account registration perhaps? I was asked to connect by the person who setup the alarm and (who has gone AWOL) if I go to the account management of the app i see a username that I cannot recognize while the email address states unlinked while it does have my correct mobile phone number.

Thanks!!

Can you please share screenshot(s) of what you are seeing in the app?

HI @Dan

Sure. Not sure who this user is or if it’s randomly generated. Also noticed that I get Device is offline when on 4G, which is odd. Thanks

Attachments

• 3FD02950-CFFA-4EA3-B1B6-6E399A85E115.jpeg
    3FD02950-CFFA-4EA3-B1B6-6E399A85E115.jpeg
    367.1 KB · Views: 226
Ok, I understand now, that is simply the automatic alias/username that Hik-Connect applies to your account when you register it, if you go to the Hik-Connect Web Portal and log in with the same login details you use on the app you will see the same alias there.

How did you add the device to Hik-Connect in the first place? via the IP address, QR Code, or P2P/Platform access?

That’s a relief as the log had a bunch of cyber attacks and their associated IP Addresses so didn’t know what was going on. I used the QR code from the NVR. Thanks

ok, the QR Code method can sometimes cause problems when it comes to remote/4G access.

We would recommend that you open SADP on your local network and unbind the NVR from Hik-Connect

Once you have done that we then recommend that you log in to the Hik-Connect Web Portal linked above and add the NVR to your account in the portal using the serial number.

Hi thanks, your solution to manually add the serial number certainly helped with the 4G issue. Still no luck with notifications on the HIK-Connect App. I do see them in the log files. Very strange!

Hi @Dan I had some time today so work through the settings in the NVR. I am now getting motion detection coming through to the App BUT still no line cross alarms. However, they are available in the log files. Anything you can think of that might be causing this? thanks again

Hi @Jet1221

Can you please share some screenshots of your event settings? (shots of both the motion settings that are working and the other event settings that are not)

Back