01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry Cannot get call notifications from my Hikvision DS-KV6113-WPE1(c)?

gabdia

Following installation of the doorbell, NO INSIDE STATION, I cannot manage to get call notifications from the unit in my Android Hikvision connect app.
Live View is running properly. Please help., thank you.

Following installation of the doorbell, NO INSIDE STATION, I cannot manage to get call notifications from the unit in my Android Hikvision connect app.
Live View is running properly. Please help., thank you.
There’s little information to go on. Screenshot and post the network settings page that shows the IP address etc and also the platform access page that shows the Hik-connect status. How did you add the device to your Hik-Connect account? If you added it by ‘online device’ that could be the cause, but I’m guessing without further details.

1694182629487.png
1694182735590.png
Indeed, I added the device via "online device" method. Thought about it and tried the QR or manual (serial number) but strange enough the Activation code as printed on the back of the device was repeatedly rejected as wrong.

View attachment 9755 View attachment 9756 Indeed, I added the device via "online device" method. Thought about it and tried the QR or manual (serial number) but strange enough the Activation code as printed on the back of the device was repeatedly rejected as wrong.
According to Hikvision, adding via online device restricts the use to within the local network (that came from Hikvisions UK training guy last week):

1. Go to your Hik-Connect account at www.hik-connect.com, login and delete the device if it's there (or you can just delete it using the three dot menu in your Hik-Connect app)
  2. Refresh your phone app and the device should disappear from the app (if not, delete it using the three dot menu > settings > delete device in the app)
  3. Re add your device in the phone app using the last 9 characters of the serial number
  4. When it asks for the verification code, ignore what's on the box, it's the stream encryption key that's shown at the bottom of your second image that's needed (click the eyelid to reveal it)

Last edited:
Now I have the device in my Hik-Connect account. Motion detection properly sends notification to the app but calling fails to do it.

Now I have the device in my Hik-Connect account. Motion detection properly sends notification to the app but calling fails to do it.
Strange. I don't suppose you have the 'mute calls' switched on in the settings for the device?

IMG_5505.png

Mute Calls is 'OFF'. Unlike your print screen my Notifications are set to 'Enable'

Mute Calls is 'OFF'. Unlike your print screen my Notifications are set to 'Enable'
I can't fathom how mine works with Notifications disabled as shown in my image. I noticed that it was set to disabled the other day and it's always been that way.

Not sure if this may lead to something but it seems weird to have listed to devices up, in settings
Screenshot_2023-09-08-18-21-16-652_com.hikvision.hikconnect.jpg

Not sure if this may lead to something but it seems weird to have listed to devices up, in settingsView attachment 9760
No that's normal. The top entry is the friendly name, the second entry is the devices actual name. When you add the device it's name is assigned to the friendly name automatically but you can change it - mine is just 'Doorbell'

Seems I did it. The trick was found by choosing the 'Indoor station' call type within the configuration of the call schedule (red stripes) AND NOT the 'center' call type (orange stripes). Pretty counter-intuitive since my doorbell setup misses an indoor station

Seems I did it. The trick was found by choosing the 'Indoor station' call type within the configuration of the call schedule (red stripes) AND NOT the 'center' call type (orange stripes). Pretty counter-intuitive since my doorbell setup misses an indoor station
Yeah you're right, that is counter-intuitive as the thing you have to enable for alerts from camera events normally is to notify surveillance 'center'. Anyway, at least you've gotten it sorted

Well, apparently this is not over, yet. Once I power disconnected the doorbell my platform connection went offline. I mingled with the network settings and now I ended up by not having control of the unit. Not even wired. Apparently 192.0.0.65 is not reachable, can I factory reset, please? Thank you

Well, apparently this is not over, yet. Once I power disconnected the doorbell my platform connection went offline. I mingled with the network settings and now I ended up by not having control of the unit. Not even wired. Apparently 192.0.0.65 is not reachable, can I factory reset, please? Thank you
I'm not sure what you've done. There should've been no need to 'mingle with the network settings'. If the unit is power cycled it may take a short time to re establish its connection to Hik-Connect.

192.0.0.65? The IP address of your unit was 192.168.0.124 as shown in your earlier screenshot. 192.0.0.65 is unreachable because it is on a different subnet to your home network.

On a PC use Hikvisions SADP tool. It should discover your device at its current IP address. You can then change the address back to 192.168.0.124 and enter your admin password to confirm the change.

Last edited:
I finally got back on track. However, trying to repeat the procedure you indicated me upfront in order to add manually the unit via its serial leads now to a different outcome. No activation code is being required. Instead message says that "device is not connected to the network, Configure network first". then I am asked to initialize the device . Both options presented, i.e. 1 The device is stared or 2 , Turn on Hotspot lead to nowhere. Conclusion is that I cannot add the device anymore (if ever deleted for good...)

I finally got back on track. However, trying to repeat the procedure you indicated me upfront in order to add manually the unit via its serial leads now to a different outcome. No activation code is being required. Instead message says that "device is not connected to the network, Configure network first". then I am asked to initialize the device . Both options presented, i.e. 1 The device is stared or 2 , Turn on Hotspot lead to nowhere. Conclusion is that I cannot add the device anymore (if ever deleted for good...)
You should be able to logon to your Hik-Connect account in a browser and delete the device from there. Perhaps it's not letting you add it again as teh device is already bound to your account.

Funny enough I tried to add the device as an online device. Guess what? It was there. Now I'm back in square #1. Even if I delete it still remains there ready to be added

So, my Hik account doesn't show doorbell anymore, trying to add all methods but 'online device' will result in complete failure. Method 'online device' miraculously finds the doorbell in status Active, I select, Live view works perfect , no call notifications, Hik-connect platform is Offline, of course... question is: How to get rid oh the online device leftover?

Back