01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Can't Add a New 8MP Hik Camera to my CN (Chinese) Version 7604NI-E1/4P and it won't Accept Firmware, Please Help?

kumarj

Hi,
I hope someone can help. I have a Hikvision DS-7604N-E1/4P since 2015 which I brought from a well know auction site as UK Stock. I have got 2 x 2MP cameras and added a 4MP camera before with no issues BUT I had brought a 8MP and the NVR will not recognized it. I contacted the seller who said the NVR needs firmware upgrade to recognize the camera. I understand now it is a CN model but can it be updated to see the new camera? It has firmware version V3.3.2 Build 150522 and I cannot upgrade any firmware via FTP. I have tried putting a file on a USB stick and inserted into the NVR but nothing shows up in the menu.
I really hope there is hope as it works as it should and I have had zero problems with viewing/recording or playback with it and don't really want to shelve out again for a new NVR.
Thanks,

J

Hi @kumarj

Unfortunately, as a CN (Chinese) model we cannot supply you with the Chinese firmware for it.

Also, we can tell you that even on the latest firmware the E-series NVR will not support 8MP cameras as it predates the 8MP cameras and was only ever designed to support up to 6MP.

We would recommend upgrading to a newer I-series DS-7608NI-I2/8P NVR and make sure you purchase it from an authorised Hikivsion seller (a good sign of an authorised seller is if they state "login for prices")

Hi,
Thanks for the reply and yes you are bang on the money, my NVR is not compatible with anything above 6MP. The seller told me twice to update NVR and clearly didn't realise its limitations and neither did I.
Thanks again and great forum!

J

Back