01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Cant log in to Web Interface, errors and odd things going on?

Rectro30

Hi guys

Iv just installed this Hikvision DS-2CD2347G2=LU camera. First time I connected it it took some time to show on SADP, thought this was odd but it was on. I then found the smart detection, all of them failed, or trigger when nobody was near a zone. Anyways. Today I disconnected the camera while running it though some conduit. I done that job connected the camera on again and again it took ages for it to show but this time it didn't log into web interface. I also noticed like yesterday once it loaded the log in screen but it looked very basic. Today Im getting all kinds of errors including not excepting my password for SADP which I checked it was correct. I done a test on the ethernet cable, and all leads, switch box and it all looks fine. I connected my second camera which I have not installed yet and it loads very fast no issues. I also noted often I could not load a video from an alarm, says no video, or the video is 1 second long while others where fine. Just all very odd.

So what do I do now?

Thanks.
hikvision wont connect.jpg

Hi @Rectro30

We have never seen this before from a brand new camera.

I would recommend that you hard reset the camera using the reset button under the MicroSD card cover and then if the browser access is still not working properly please post a screenshot of the camera listed in SADP.

Please also confirm how you are accessing the camera? Are you using PC or Mac? Which browser are you using?

Upvote 0
Hi. Thanks for your reply. I have resolved this but its very odd regardless. It was the cable, plug or both. Here is what I did to find issue and resolve it.

1: make new 7m ethernet cable tested in new uninstalled camera which it worked, then used that cable to one installed outside, that also worked fine.
2: Again pulled out the cable installed from the junction box, it tested fine again. I put it back in box, no connection again. Leaving the cable in box plugin tested, moving wire I lost pin 1. crimped it again, no difference, then pulled more cable through I had extra, put new plug on pushed back into junction box tested and connected fine. To note I kept pigtail in place as I moved cable to eliminate the pigtail.

The odd thing is it still tried to connect, SADP found device all be it slow, SADP would not except my password either.

Thanks.

Upvote 0
Back