01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect can't see intercom door station camera in HIK-connect

barak

Hi all,
just bought video intercom door station (DS-KV8102-IM) and Video Intercom Indoor Station with 7-inch Touch Screen (DS-KH6310-WL)
from the indoor station I can see the camera on the door station hear everything, open the electric lock, answer call from the door station, everything is working great.
the issue is with the HIK-connect App, iv added the indoor station, now when someone ring outside at the door station I got the call via the App to my iPhone, I can talk to that person from the App and open the gate BUT I can't see him, I got an error "failed to play video" or "network is unstable. connecting again", on the indoor unit everything is working great and I can see the camera.
is someone saw this issue and can help me?
thanks a lot

Hi barak,

It's not an issue we've seen specifically before. I know we used to hear of a lot of issues when we used to sell these intercoms back when they were first released. My best suggestion is to check the video intercom firmware is as up to date as it can be as the updates tend to fix these types of problems as they're released. It might be something that someone else in the forum with more experience with this product can advise on.

I'm also having the same issue.

Can anyone confirm if you are supposed to add the Door Station DS-KV8102 or the Indoor Station DS-KH8300 to the Hik-Connect App?

If I try to add the door station, it says the device is offline. If I add the indoor station i get the same issue as the OP.

Everything fully working with IP addresses, SIP servers all configured. Just cant add the system into Hik-Connect.

All firmware is upto date.

Hi all,
just bought video intercom door station (DS-KV8102-IM) and Video Intercom Indoor Station with 7-inch Touch Screen (DS-KH6310-WL)
from the indoor station I can see the camera on the door station hear everything, open the electric lock, answer call from the door station, everything is working great.
the issue is with the HIK-connect App, iv added the indoor station, now when someone ring outside at the door station I got the call via the App to my iPhone, I can talk to that person from the App and open the gate BUT I can't see him, I got an error "failed to play video" or "network is unstable. connecting again", on the indoor unit everything is working great and I can see the camera.
is someone saw this issue and can help me?
thanks a lot
DId you solve this Barak?

Hi, 12 months ago i fitted had a project at a large house and was asked by the owner to install a CCTV system and intercom at the electric gates at the end of the drive. I got in a CCTV engineer friend of mine to carry out the works with me. We fitted 8 hik vision cctv cameras around the outside of the house and a hik vision door intercom at the gate. The owner wanted to be able to see the pictures of his home from his iphone when not on the property and also be able to open his gate remotely from his iphone using the hik vision app. I too had the app downloaded onto my phone so i could monitor the cctv cameras and gate just in case we had any issues. That was 12 months ago. The cctv cameras have been fine, i have been able to see all the camera views from my phone no problem
The issue is with the gate intercom. It works for a while and then the gate icon in the hikvision app does not work. Its either greyed out or it has the black description but cannot see the picture when pressed. I have been back to the property several times the last 12 months to try and reeolve. Each time the only sure solution is to take the tablet off wall and pull out the small plug supply at the back and reboot it. The app then comes back on and its fine? It may last a few days / weeks / months even but then i lose the picture and alerts that someone is at the gate. I purchased the kit through ADI and have been emailing / speaking to technical support but they dont know what the issue is?
The tablet works though wifi and the intercom at the gate is hard wired to a router in the house. The house has 3 Sky tv boxes and the tablet does show all 3 in the screen each sky box having the same name. Has anyone had this issue before and been able to resolve?

Here are a few photos of tablet and front screen

Attachments

• F3CEBC14-97C3-4196-8D29-680C635843C9.jpeg
    F3CEBC14-97C3-4196-8D29-680C635843C9.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 708
  • A939D5C5-BB46-477C-A7C6-3FFA66883224.jpeg
    A939D5C5-BB46-477C-A7C6-3FFA66883224.jpeg
    6.8 MB · Views: 761
  • EAEDD3D6-5CCE-470C-8C47-F7A67F3F83E9.jpeg
    EAEDD3D6-5CCE-470C-8C47-F7A67F3F83E9.jpeg
    5.3 MB · Views: 1,010
I presume that the problem is in using WIFI and LAN at the same time. Disconnect LAN from indoor unit.

We had problem when indoor unit was using WiFi and LAN and the same time ( wifi and lange was in same range). When we changed LAN range into 192.168.10.x and Wifi stayed in same range as router all worked fine.

Why would you use Wifi and LAN at the same time?

Thanks for the reply. The indoor tablet is using wifi, as its fitted in the kitchen, and i had no means of taking a cat5 cable to the tablet. The gate intercom is hard wired with cat5 cable as we was able to take this to a router in the house office on the top floor. The electric gate is at the end of the drive and wifi signal does not reach that far.

Is your indoor unit showing same wifi network twice or you have router and extender on that network?

You said that when you connected your indoor unit via LAN cable it all worked fine?

As Kyle said, did you upgrade your FW?

Hi Kamir, the indoor unit is showing 3No networks as the house has 3 Sky (TV) boxes, i have not connected the indoor unit diretly to a LAN cable (cat5 direct from router). When the indoor unit is powered down the gate then comes back on the iphone APP, however this can last a few days or weeks, even months its been fine, then we lose it again. I do want toresolve this as i cant keep going round to fix it!

Try to connect indoor unit on only one network. It's possible that indoor unit can't handle that so it's confusing her.

FW upgrade?

If it's possible, just for test, connect indoor unit and outdoor unit via cable on router. And try to set static IP adress on Wifi connection if you can't test it with wires.

Did you grab the new version of Hik-Connect (v4.7.1 build 17:48:02 - Update at: 2020-08-18)?

3. Two-way audio intercom
4. Instant alarm notifications with pictures and videos
5. Answer calls from doorbells/video intercom devices

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys and help you can give me would be much appreciated.

I’ve recently installed 2 x 1 - 1 v2 hik modular video intercoms.

They worked fine initially but now when I receive a call on my iPhone rather than answering the call to a video display and interacting with the caller as normal I’m faced with lots of additional buttons before I hopefully get into the hik connect app.

ive spoke to to him who tell me it’s apples issue in the way they have recently updated the hik connect app(appatently it works fine on android).

has anyone experienced this and if so are you aware of a fix?

Apologies for the typos!
Hi guys and help you can give me would be much appreciated.

I’ve recently installed 2 x 1 - 1 v2 hik modular video intercoms.

They worked fine initially but now when I receive a call on my iPhone rather than answering the call to a video display and interacting with the caller as normal I’m faced with lots of additional buttons before I hopefully get into the hik connect app.

ive spoke to to him who tell me it’s apples issue in the way they have recently updated the hik connect app(appatently it works fine on android).

has anyone experienced this and if so are you aware of a fix?

Hi, only time i experience this kind of problem was when iphone had face autorization enabled. It was problem with iphone authorization, not hik-connect.

Back