01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Can't view cctv on phone after router change?

Shawty1984

Hi, I've got 3 Hikvision camera linked to a DVR ( Hikvision DS-7204HUHI-K1P) that's has an ethernet cable going from the DVR to a TPlink WiFi range extender (TL-WA850RE) which then went to the Virgin Media Hub 3 and it worked fine to be able to view the cameras on my phone. I've now updated the Virgin Hub 3 to the new Virgin Hub 5, everything is the same but now I can't see the CCTV or work my alarm through my phone.

If possible, I'm going to need someone to walk me through this as I don't have any knowledge on networking. I can access the DVR interface by plugging an ethernet cable straight into the DVR which also results in my phone being able to see the CCTV through the Hik Connect app. This system was installed by a local alarm and cctv company.

Thanks in advance.

Please now ignore, I have sorted it. It was as simple as linking them up with the wps button. God knows why I didn't think of that ages ago.

Please now ignore, I have sorted it. It was as simple as linking them up with the wps button. God knows why I didn't think of that ages ago.
Glad its all sorted, sometimes it is good to step away and do something else.

Back