01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Can't view IP Camera GUI through Hikvision NVR?

neilthomsonuk

Group.. I hope you can help
Short story - I have a Hikvision NVR successfully running hikvision, HiLook and sv3c cameras, raning from 4mp to 5mp. I recently bought a reolink 5mp camera, I can view the camera through the NVR but for love nor money can I view the Camera GUI via a web browser or on my phone.

longer story
hikvisoin NVR model number - DS-7608NI-E2 / 8P
hikvision IP address 192.168.0.56
ipv4 default gateway 192.168.0.1
hikvision internal NI IP address 192.168.254.1

reolink (problem camera)
I tried a simple - plug it in and it didn;t work so had to apply the following config changes to get to a point where I can view the stream via NVR
static IP address 192.168.254.20
IP gateway set to 192.168.254.1
RTSP, HTTP ports enabled
i;ve not applied a password as it made no difference and for the turning on/off config changes etc its been easier to use admin ac with no pwd.

Using the above settings I;ve had to use 'manual' config when settign the camera up on the NVR (Plug and play setting did not work)

When accessing the NVR via a web browser 192.168.0.56, in the camera config screen I see my camera as 'on line'. when I click on the assigned website 192.168.254.20:65008 - i get the attached scr shot.

From reading the threads here there are alot of clever people that respond so heres hoping that works here.

Attachments

• ReoError.PNG
    ReoError.PNG
    25.4 KB · Views: 141
Solution
Hi @neilthomsonuk

The Virtual Host link you used to try and gain direct access to the camera only works for Hikvision brand cameras, if you want direct access to the settings of a 3rd-party camera you need to connect that camera to a PoE injector or switch on the same network as the NVR.

This way you can log in to the camera using its own local network IP address (192.168.0.xxx) and you can manually add it to the NVR with that same IP address.
Hi @neilthomsonuk

The Virtual Host link you used to try and gain direct access to the camera only works for Hikvision brand cameras, if you want direct access to the settings of a 3rd-party camera you need to connect that camera to a PoE injector or switch on the same network as the NVR.

This way you can log in to the camera using its own local network IP address (192.168.0.xxx) and you can manually add it to the NVR with that same IP address.

Upvote 1
Solution
Hi @neilthomsonuk

Dan - thanks so much for your response. I have hi-look, hikvision and SV3C cameras all connected to the NVR and can access those guis through respective 192.168.254.ABC:6500x Where x is the channel number on the NVR with no issues. except for the Reolink.

Happy to take your guidance, it sounds like you are saying, get a poe switch, connect it to my lan 192.168.0.xxx, connect the nvr to the switch and connect the camera to the switch ???

Upvote 0
Hi @neilthomsonuk

Good to hear you have got it working.

Just so you are aware, HiLook is the consumer branch of the Hikvision brand and we have never heard of SV3C but looking online they look to be an OEM/rebadged brand so are probably using Hikvision hardware/software which is rebadged as SV3C.

That is probably why these 3 brands are supported but Reolink isn't because Reolink is completely their own thing with no connection to Hikvision.

Upvote 0
Back