01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

CCTV camera and privacy ?

bookee

Can CCTV camera at a cafeteria/bar zoom in and read my text messages (of what I type on my smartphone), in case I stay 20 feet away opposite of the camera and I put my phone on the table ?

Last edited by a moderator:
It is unlikely that a café would have cameras this capable, but such cameras are available.

Surely, if the likelihood of this concerns you, you should use a different café.

the red spot is where the camera is , yellow is supposed to be my smartphone on the table. This is the cafeteria, I don't have the picture of the camera now, I could send you later, though they where approximately like this one in the picture showed.
this camera has these spec:
720p Camera Specification
Image Sensor:1/4"" Aptina CMOS with ICR,720P
Effective Pixel:1280x720
Lens: Megapixel 3.6mm
Number of IR LEDs:24 pcs, 5mm LEDs
Night Vision:65ft(20m)

BUKI.png
71uufKf1IsL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

No, that is a very low-spec camera, there is no way it could possibly see/read what is on your phone.

I will attach a picture with 13 CCTV cameras with specifications each, if you could tell which one could read my text messages in the case depicted above. I know I may sound overreacting but my country is a police state and you don't have much believe in the authorities due to the fact they eventually abusing privacy.
CCTV Cameras.png

Only number 12 - which will be the size of a football - and would look very odd in the scene you showed.

Back