01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

CCTV Monitor, 16:9 or 16:10 best aspect ratio?

ngc.ie

Hello, I am looking into a 4 camera G1 Hikvision setup along with the 7604NI-K1-4P NVR.
The Dell U2415 is an monitor option, anyone with experience using aspect ratio 16:10 monitor as a CCTV monitor.
Would 16:10 be of any added benefit using as a CCTV monitor i.e. would you get better screen room, splitting the split four screen view bigger & better, or Is there a chance of sizing issues with the black bars appearing.
Should I be considering the more common 16:9 aspect ratio monitors?

I cannot find anything online specific to using 16:10 for CCTV, thanks if you have any advice or experience on this,
BR
ngc

Hi @ngc.ie

We haven't had any experience with 16:10 monitors but we do have several different brands of 16:9 monitors on our test units and they all work fine, I would also lean towards a 16:9 monitor because the majority of IP camera resolutions are 16:9 and maybe stretched or warped by a 16:10 screen.

But as I say we have never tested a 16:10 monitor so we can't categorically rule it out as an option, someone else here on the forum may be able to offer more detailed notes on their experiences of a 16:10 screen.

Thanks for your POV Dan,
Yae 16:09 be just fine with me, It was just something I was thinking about with the 16:10, I don't know if it would be anyways better or not....maybe risk some sort of a mismatch like you mention.
Cheers.

Back