01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

CCTV upgrade - adding 5MP cameras to my DS-7204HQHI-K1/P DVR?

Edgie70

Hi all , I have a Hikvision 3 camera system and tbh I'm thinking of upgrading the cameras , currently got 2mp ones and I have a DS-7204HQHI-K1/P DVR , I'm interested in some Hikvision colourvu cameras ( 5mp ) would I need a new DVR ??? Cabling is RG59 which is only 2 years old , thanks

Hi all , I have a Hikvision 3 camera system and tbh I'm thinking of upgrading the cameras , currently got 2mp ones and I have a DS-7204HQHI-K1/P DVR , I'm interested in some Hikvision colourvu cameras ( 5mp ) would I need a new DVR ??? Cabling is RG59 which is only 2 years old , thanks
The 7204HQHI-K1/P is for 2 megapixel cameras so the DVR wouldn't support the 5 megapixel cameras you're wanting, unless you set the output of the cameras to 2 megapixel (which defeats the object of upgrading). Your RG59 will be fine, however, some 5 megapixel ColorVu cameras are not PoC (Power over Coax) so if you've only got an RG59 and nothing else (separate 12V supply) at the camera, you'd need to make sure you get the newer models that are both ColorVu AND PoC capable.

Back