01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Cctv wiring

Dean1268

Hi, I'm new here and looking for advice on cctv installation. I'm planning on installing a cctv camera on the outside of my house overlooking my back garden and was wondering if anyone could advise me on how to hide the wires. I'd be planning on drilling a hole in the wall but not sure what to do once the wires are in the house. The nvr would be located in a cupboard under my stairs which is by the street door. Any help would be much appreciated

Hi,
Obviously, if possible it's good to be able to run a continuous network cable between the NVR and the camera. Ideally, you'd want to get that under the floor boards or in the loft (out of sight) where possible, just so as not to spoil your decor with cables trailing around the place.

I believe it is possible to purchase flat network cable that you can hide under the edge of your carpets.

Many people use Powerline adapters, which allow you to use your home's existing mains wiring to carry the network signal between rooms (or even to outbuildings). Please note that if you do use Powerline, then the POE power provided by the NVR's camera port is not transmitted (via your mains cabling) you will needa POE injector or PSU local to the camera.

I managed to run most of mine through the inside of built in wardrobes and along the inside of coving.I just used a holesaw on the coving and then glued and filled the piece back in. Must say wife wasn't too impressed at first!

Back