01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Changed my wireless password, can't connect cameras anymore?

skywalker10

Hello,

I changed my modem's wireless password, and now the IP Cameras seems offline. The NVR connects to my modem with LAN cable. How can I fix this?

Thanks.

PS: It's Hikvision (Haikon) and I can reach the NVR interface both with the browser and IVMS-4200 application.

Last edited:
If your HikVision NVR is wired to your network, then I don't know what would be affected by changing your wireless password?

Are your cameras wireless?

Then they will no longer be accessible, you will need to re-connect to each camera with a network cable and teach it the new wireless password before it can use your wi-fi again.

Oh, thank you for the answer, I guess I will use my old password again.

And while I try to find a solution, I accidentally enabled DHCP in network settings, and now I can’t reach the NVR interface and take it back. Do I need to reset the device to factory defaults? I’m messing up everything :(

You can use HikVision's SADP utility to scan your network and reveal the current IP addresses of all your HikVision devices:
DOWNLOAD PORTAL

You can also acess them and change settings from SADP e.g. disable DCHP if you wish.

Hello , you can reset the modem then you can find the default password on datasheet and you reconfugurate it

Back